Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Can the FMB dmg model, crew model get a look see?

Dre21

Amazing how one can rape a FMB from aft to stern and then vice versa and still see it start up and drive , or have gunners intact or the best no kill at all .

Is setting fire to them the only way to score a kill nowadays? Do the crew take more dmg then they used to take?

Strafing 3 FMB yesterday and I know I made really good hits with the 109 20mm cannons and the regular guns from front to back and all I scored was dmg .

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1) shoot each crew, I just spray MG from front to back. Maybe an AP on the ATG shield if the shield is facing me. It just takes 1 bullet per guy so no need to dump a full mag into it

2) 1 AP or a few 20mm AP into the side middle to make it flame

3) pretend like its not there anymore

You cannot kill the driver but if the boat is flamed (or sinking but not as visually obvious) then it is KIA. If you just kill the gunners without sinking/flame then it can RTB anew.

As slow as these things are and as easy to kill, I think its not so bad that crew death doesnt count as a KIA if RTB.

------

just noticed you were using 109 20mm, I thought you were ground unit. Yea they arent super reliable to flame by strafing them always and imo better to let them rot instead of risking dying just to kill a useless fmb with a plane. Always remember that they want you to strafe them with plane and they dont care if they die since its a dumb boat and theres 25 more in the list, deny the fun while they get killed by riflemen/tank. 

But yea you can kill them with the 20mm but I dont know exact spot, middle I think. try training server w/ 2 acct if you want to pin point it

Edited by lovewing

23 minutes ago, lovewing said:

1) shoot each crew, I just spray MG from front to back. Maybe an AP on the ATG shield if the shield is facing me. It just takes 1 bullet per guy so no need to dump a full mag into it

2) 1 AP or a few 20mm AP into the side middle to make it flame

3) pretend like its not there anymore

You cannot kill the driver but if the boat is flamed (or sinking but not as visually obvious) then it is KIA. If you just kill the gunners without sinking/flame then it can RTB anew.

As slow as these things are and as easy to kill, I think its not so bad that crew death doesnt count as a KIA if RTB.

------

just noticed you were using 109 20mm, I thought you were ground unit. Yea they arent super reliable to flame by strafing them always and imo better to let them rot instead of risking dying just to kill a useless fmb with a plane. Always remember that they want you to strafe them with plane and they dont care if they die since its a dumb boat and theres 25 more in the list, deny the fun while they get killed by riflemen/tank. 

But yea you can kill them with the 20mm but I dont know exact spot, middle I think. try training server w/ 2 acct if you want to pin point it

Trust me I come in low from the front , or high and far away and watch my bullet hit the deck and turn away , not one shot me down but the AI AAA landed hits cause they were still active on the west side of the river.

FMB's can be reliably killed with even just MG firing into the center aft just above the waterline, behind the smoke funnel. Basically right under the center porthole in the middle grouping of three. They used to be a great method of gaining rank in the air force. Come in super low at 90 degrees

Fairmile B - WWII Online Wiki

4 hours ago, OLDZEKE said:

Odd cause 2 or 3 campaigns ago I was 88 and used HE and AP rounds on the 3 pound on the front and guess who died 1st , after he respawned and I had/ the dock ranged , he absorbed these 88 rounds like a sponge and never stopped firing no matter how often I had direct hits.

• Thanks 2

Is it the same bug at work that make some Atg or tank rounds pass right through the enemy tank with out any effect?

39 minutes ago, atgman said:

Is it the same bug at work that make some Atg or tank rounds pass right through the enemy tank with out any effect?

Would seem so. 

I have video of me shooting a FMB with 88HE rounds. Half the rounds go through the boat and don't even explode on the other side...Some hit the shield of the 20mm mounts, explodes and it keeps on firing. So look like they hit the same spot and just vanish.  

On 5/18/2023 at 3:38 PM, Mosizlak said:

Would seem so. 

I have video of me shooting a FMB with 88HE rounds. Half the rounds go through the boat and don't even explode on the other side...Some hit the shield of the 20mm mounts, explodes and it keeps on firing. So look like they hit the same spot and just vanish.  

One could almost think we are onto something why else would Oldzeke not come in here and show us otherwise with a different video .

It's almost like he had that video from yesteryear and just posted it. 

I guess one needs to test stuff themselves. 

Yesterday pak36 onto rear AAA gunner and he was able to shoot and kill me too.

• Thanks 1

• Registered Users

That vid was made after I read this thread. I don't really appreciate the implication you are making.

When I have time, and answers, I try to add something. That does not mean I will always add a reply.

No reply does not mean no finding or no action is being taken. Don't mean a finding or action being taken either.

If I get belittled, berated or called out then I go find something more enjoyable to do with my free time.

1 hour ago, Dre21 said:

One could almost think we are onto something why else would Oldzeke not come in here and show us otherwise with a different video .

It's almost like he had that video from yesteryear and just posted it. 

I guess one needs to test stuff themselves. 

Yesterday pak36 onto rear AAA gunner and he was able to shoot and kill me too.

sometimes i think you have a valid comment....... however

most Other times you say crap that is completely insulting and insinuating to people who do nothing but try to make the game better.

Im surprised CRS responds to your sh*te.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kidd27 said:

sometimes i think you have a valid comment....... however

most Other times you say crap that is completely insulting and insinuating to people who do nothing but try to make the game better.

Im surprised CRS responds to your sh*te.

Well look it got a response , I get it when he has time but it stood for awhile , a simple I will look into it as a comment would have been a great start , and I'm sure my original post had 109 and FMB in it , not a Rifle INF and a FMB , so if he would have tested it with a 109 and a FMB guess who would have shut his mouth .

You guessed it this guy .

So you have issues with me calling people out OK I get it , but it's me and look it worked .

Yup looked at my original post again it mentions 3 FMBs and a 109 plane nothing about a rifle and walking up to a FMB , now that is me being sarcastic and poking the bear .

BTW not my 1st time where I asked about the FMB and dmg model for crew , I'm certain I posted about the lack luster 88mm performance vs the 3 pounder gun too in this forum , it's frigging sad that a 3pound gunner with a minimal shield survives AP hits and HE hits from a elevated on a hill 88 shooting down on it , location NW hill shooting down on vireux docks if you need to know which town . Just to lose a 88 after a 20 min tow and a 2nd engagement vs the same player when the 1st thing the 88 gunner sees is the 3 pounder and bridge that still was able to get the boat also moving , you know the bridge that gets hit incase you do overshoot the 3 pounder gun .

Edited by Dre21
  • Thanks 1

• Registered Users

Last response. 

I can't do a controlled test with a 109 that I can post vid of here. It would involve showing tools etc that my NDA prevents me showing.

A uncontrolled basic straff run shooting at person size targets while going 200+mph and needing to hit at convergence so that the rounds are not bracketing...... My eyes are not good enough to do that any more. 

Your request was to look at the FMB damage model. I did. The vid shows that 1 rifle round kills each crew. I even did tests vrs 9mm luger to ensure that slower less powerful rounds kill them. I checked that head/torso/arms/legs DM components were there. The DM works. What I did not show was that I can also view the actual DM and visual model, make both visible at the same time. I do this when testing crew that are animated to make sure both models are synced, that they both move in unison to each other so that shooting the visual model also hits the normally invisible damage model.

• Registered Users

Rereading your response I will add this last note.

FMB "captian/helmsman" the boat driver has been immune to damage for years. It was changed way back when so that just shooting the driver did not stop the boat from being used... This was best I recall at least 15 years ago. 

It was asked to use high caliber rounds,  not by me but by another player . Cause apparently he has had the same issues even with a video , as he has posted countless videos with really nothing done about it , so he kinda gave up.

@Kidd27 that you and I don't look eye to eye is nothing new , and I'm rather indifferent to it , funny that you lecture me about being disrespectful but then in your next post pretty much call me a jackass , I'm sure the nursery rhyme is called the boy that cries wolf .

So please don't lecture me anymore about respect .

Edited by Dre21
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Dre21 said:

It was asked to use high caliber rounds,  not by me but by another player . Cause apparently he has had the same issues even with a video , as he has posted countless videos with really nothing done about it , so he kinda gave up.

Yup, not bothering anymore. 

• Thanks 1

The frustration comes from HE not killing front ATG on patrol boat.

Been reported for years far as I know.

I've hammered epb with 127mm of HE loving, and that atg crew won't die.

Best I know, all the other crew die just fine; but something up with the front ATG crew.

Been that way forever.