Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

How to have individual turret speeds on induvial weapons

Grunt768

Grunt768

If you have issues with going from a tank turret speed to say an atg of aaa gun, finding that the across the board for all weapons speed setting just isn't working for you, then this is how to set induvial weapons

1:  open global.calib in your \Documents\WWIIOnline\cfml folder , take note of the numbers  

0x80000000,1.856529,1.921390
0x80000001,1.856529,1.921390 << thats fast   

0x80000000,0.198322,0.209602
0x80000001,0.198322,0.209602 <<< thats slow

close the global file.

2:  go in game to your unit you want changed, lets use germanbofors40mm as the example, in game set your required mouse speeds, close controller  preferences

3: go back to \Documents\WWIIOnline\cfml and open the global.calib file to make sure the numbers changed

4: close the file and copy it, paste it to the same place \Documents\WWIIOnline\cfml  , then rename it to germanbofors40mm.calib 

• Like 1

lovewing

This is a good example to spark imagination on what cfml/calib can do but since this will not make traverse faster, wouldnt you be hurting your performance by making traverse slower?

Grunt768
2 hours ago, lovewing said:

This is a good example to spark imagination on what cfml/calib can do but since this will not make traverse faster, wouldnt you be hurting your performance by making traverse slower?

not sure i follow you there, all this dose for me is like i want my pak40 gun moving slow and my aaa faster and tank fastest, so instead of being stuck with a global setting its individual , do you mean faster then the game normally allows?

lovewing

I wasnt sure why you would want to force a gun's traverse to be slower. Maybe for precision? I use mouse+kb for ground vehicles so maybe that is why I don't see a need.

• CORNERED RAT
OLDZEKE

I use joystick for normal turret movement then switch to mouse for fine tuning.

Grunt768
On 7/28/2024 at 7:51 AM, lovewing said:

I wasnt sure why you would want to force a gun's traverse to be slower. Maybe for precision? I use mouse+kb for ground vehicles so maybe that is why I don't see a need.

ah yes more precision

Grunt768
On 7/28/2024 at 8:22 AM, OLDZEKE said:

I use joystick for normal turret movement then switch to mouse for fine tuning.

so is that  set as secondary in the mapper and requires nothing pressed ect? i havent really looked but would that mean them global turret speed is the same on both js ajnd mouse or dose it save it as js  then mouse, woud be interesting if both could have their own cfg  

• CORNERED RAT
OLDZEKE
    <control function="Turret traverse">
        <joyaxis stick="1">x</joyaxis>
        <mouseaxis index="1">x</mouseaxis>
    </control>
    <control function="Turret elevate">
        <joyaxis stick="1" invert="1">y</joyaxis>
        <mouseaxis index="1">y</mouseaxis>
    </control>

tank.cfml edit

• 2 weeks later...
Grunt768
On 7/29/2024 at 11:42 PM, OLDZEKE said:
    <control function="Turret traverse">
        <joyaxis stick="1">x</joyaxis>
        <mouseaxis index="1">x</mouseaxis>
    </control>
    <control function="Turret elevate">
        <joyaxis stick="1" invert="1">y</joyaxis>
        <mouseaxis index="1">y</mouseaxis>
    </control>

tank.cfml edit

is it possible to set 2 different keyboards, for instance in my situation i only play off a MSI Laptop and onto a big screen so i use a USB Keyboard, but i would like to use the laptop keyboard as well, but it maps to what it maps to only, not as an extended KB, kinda like JS1 JS2 et dose , what id like to achieve is have all my coms keys on one KB ect and my main game keys on the USB one

• CORNERED RAT

I don't think so... I have 2 keyboards running on this rig. Regardless of which I use to keymap with the cfml IDs as key index="1"  ie keyboard 1.

• 2 months later...

To optimize your turret speed settings for personal weapons in WWIIOnline, adjust the individual weapon parameters in the global.calib file. For instance, if you're struggling to match AAA gun speed after tweaking tank turret speed, you can set specific values for each weapon. Just remember to test it in-game afterward like playing the io games, where precision matters!