Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

The New 109 Control

Enigma

No aircraft file work was done or patched between .5 beta and live release

good enough for me.. i retract my previous statements then. like i said.. "feel" is not hard data and can be deceptive.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DOC

• javelin1

• gutted

• Enigma

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for pushing those neutral trim states into the live patch Doc. I bet that was a fair amount of "cramming" on your part.

One quick (uneducated) question regarding this though - does this mean that trim will function the way it did before the input change?

For example, until the most recent input changes, I used to trim tail heavy on takeoff and neutralize trim afterward, or trim for climb, etc.

When I tried that on the recent patch, of course I almost summersaulted my plane on the runway.

Should we expect a reversion to the "old" takeoff behaviour post hot patch?

Or should it be "hands off" to trim?

Thanks kindly for your reply.

I don't know if it will or won't. Everyone handles the subject of trim pretty subjectively, and to be honest I hardly ever used it before. I probably won't use it after either. How is it going to feel ? I'd be guessing because I don't know how it felt before.

The planes will fly right, that's all I know. :D

I rarely used trim too doc.

I'd use it for climb out, and cruise to target. But as soon as i entered combat.. i'd hit my "recenter all trims" button. I might give alittle nose down trim in a high speed bounce, but thats about all the combat trim i use.

• Registered Users

Ahhh good feedback :)

1st off I'm not a fighter jock, I like a slow rock steady gun platform. That said the last few days I've managed more kills with the 109 than in the last few years. I can actualy land shots with it now, those pull lead/relax and shoot shots are now scoreing for me. It's been a long time since I could do that in a axis fighter. The biggest improvement for me is the 109s "fishtailing when I pull the trigger" seems tamed.

And yea I can ride the edge in a stall fight a whole lot better now too.

I may even start flyin fighters again :D .....Occasionaly. And god help you all, I'll likely want to be on TS with whatever group I'm flyin around ;)

At least I killed a blen1 tonight. Never even saw a bell.

Oh and can I toggle off the mission leader tag PLEASE!!??

Working on a fix for that. Didn't make 1.32.7.

Ahhh good feedback :)

1st off I'm not a fighter jock, I like a slow rock steady gun platform. That said the last few days I've managed more kills with the 109 than in the last few years. I can actualy land shots with it now, those pull lead/relax and shoot shots are now scoreing for me. It's been a long time since I could do that in a axis fighter. The biggest improvement for me is the 109s "fishtailing when I pull the trigger" seems tamed.

And yea I can ride the edge in a stall fight a whole lot better now too.

I may even start flyin fighters again :D .....Occasionaly. And god help you all, I'll likely want to be on TS with whatever group I'm flyin around ;)

I fly like this too. Try for super smooth all the time. Like Jackie Stewart in the air. I think the changes for me feel pretty good. Opens up the middle envelope but leaves the edges about the same.

I just had my first chance to try the new patch out last night for a few missions. I absolutely applaud you guys. The nose bounce on the 109 is no longer a problem for me which has always been my biggest issue with the plane. It is more stable but hasn't lost its snapshot ability...if anything it allows you to manage your aim much better on a snapshot. I think I can see this improving the experience by those that had a hard time getting used to the learning curve the axis planes always presented before. God knows it was frustrating for me for a very long time...I believe that will not be so much of an issue now. There will still be the school of hard knocks but atleast their own planes will not kill them before the ea does.

S! Much appreciated and thank you.

dab

I just had my first chance to try the new patch out last night for a few missions. I absolutely applaud you guys. The nose bounce on the 109 is no longer a problem for me which has always been my biggest issue with the plane. It is more stable but hasn't lost its snapshot ability...if anything it allows you to manage your aim much better on a snapshot. I think I can see this improving the experience by those that had a hard time getting used to the learning curve the axis planes always presented before. God knows it was frustrating for me for a very long time...I believe that will not be so much of an issue now. There will still be the school of hard knocks but atleast their own planes will not kill them before the ea does.

S! Much appreciated and thank you.

dab

Gday mate,fingers crossed,i flew the 09 the other night after the patch for 3 sorties,terrible deparcher,end up flying the 110 with gutted.. :)

When logged into the game, before you do anything else, select your PREFERANCES tab.

Then select your CONTROLLERS tab.

Then select your JOYSTICK (elevators/ailerons not rudder)

Look at each "axis" line (this refers to the total range of movement of your controller in a graphical display along that specific axis of movement) ... and depicts where your controller is at "hands off" with no trim added by the user.

The line should be a straight line from the bottom left corner to the top right corner, with the red box DEAD CENTER along that line. The green lines depicting the edges of the "box" should be right out at the edges of the visible grey area of the box, not drawn inwards towards the center at all.

This is what is referred to as "default" joystick configuration.

If you are going to make a custom set-up for control that suits you as an individual better, you have to start from this point. Using a custom set-up from the old planes that you developed over time in them, is a sure way to not get this new set-up right for your style of flying.

Righto gotcha DOC,i often tweak the little red box around TRYING to find the sweet spot..

Thanks for the reply.

If you changed your scaling ( moved the red boxes with the green lines the ones that look like this ) ( my old Settings )

trim.jpg

you need to set them back to the Default ( all the way up and to the right and the red box in the center )if you never moved them it wont matter.

Edit , Doc Beat me to it.

Thanks for the info jav S!

Gday mate' date='fingers crossed,i flew the 09 the other night after the patch for 3 sorties,terrible deparcher,end up flying the 110 with gutted.. :)[/quote']

Default settings are absolutely key if they are off a little bit you will know. Once it is correctly set to default though the control is lovely. You will need to get a feel for when the plane is going to go now because it doesn't give you old "I am going to kill you now if you don't stop that" signal.

Think this is sig worthy.

2010 quote of the year candidate.

I still prefer mine.. taken completely and totally out of context to boot :P

I still prefer mine.. taken completely and totally out of context to boot :P

I notice DOC typed arses not asses,has he suffered a little aussie infection since his visit too the OUTBACK,cuz i thought it was ***'s in the US of A not arse's

Chiming in to say thanks for the change. 109's seem to .... I don't know.... fly better than before for me.

Didn't elevate me to ace status or anything, but it HAS made a difference. Thank you DOC.

No problem ! Like I said at an earlier juncture, the planes don't perform any better but I sure do. Pleased to be closing this, S!