Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

The New 109 Control

Enigma

Perhaps when you veterans unlearn the old feel and "muscle memory" needed to make the most of the old calibration, the new one will be an improvement?

Meantime, how are the n00bies liking it? Will it be more forgiving for them and make it easier for them to learn the plane without committing as many errors as they would have when learning to fly those planes using the old calibration?

Edited by oyaji

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DOC

• javelin1

• gutted

• Enigma

Top Posters In This Topic

This is out of control...

I can at least cancel one of my subs while I wait for things to get fixed. I'm not paying for two when "improvements" are being made.

Perhaps when you veterans unlearn the old feel and "muscle memory" needed to make the most of the old calibration, the new one will be an improvement?

Meantime, how are the n00bies liking it? Will it be more forgiving for them and make it easier for them to learn the plane without committing as many errors as they would have when learning to fly those planes using the old calibration?

Get in game and fly the 109. Gutted has a mission up I/STG KG26. I will fly your wing and we will see what happens.

As for asking the n00bies, it's a waste of time IMO. Any and ALL Luftwaffe n00bie shouldn't be trying to push the envelope. He should be climbing and getting as much altitude as he can. Once he is up at altitude, he should make a bee line for the nearest enemy con. Take a shot at it, bounce and zoom away. If he isn't doing that, then he has the wrong teachers. It's not until a n00bie LW pilot has a decent grasp on BnZ'ing does he start experimenting with other things.

Let all the veterans, who are supposed to and know how to push the envelope, talk about how bad the new 109s are.

Edited by Enigma

Seems to me, the 109 has too much authority at slow speed.

Push forward on the stick to much, and it want's to do a forward flip. Get it near stall speed and the nose will still respond to more input.

It wasn't like that before. If you were riding the edge and you tried to pull back more the nose wouldn't go and you'd start to drop a wing. Go more and you'd stall it. Now, the nose actually goes and you lose it. There's hardly any warning.

Get in game and fly the 109. Gutted has a mission up I/STG KG26. I will fly your wing and we will see what happens.

Thank you for your invitation. I first have to install the patch. For that I will have to close all the programs I have open, and I am not finished with the forums yet - but I shouldn't be too long in getting that done.

Actually, I am looking forward to checking out the modified calibrations of all planes so modified. I will make a good n00bie test subject, because I only fly the 109s rarely, and I never made any calib files for them (or for any other plane, for that matter - but I have dragged the rudder response curve down for the P-39). I did fly the 109E1 for 3 sorties yesterday in intermission though (the only game time I got in at all for 3 days), so I have a small recent basis for comparison.

If you are still online after I install and defrag, I'll be happy to join you.

Edited by oyaji

The bell still floats and if you add rudder you flop severely, In that fight I wasn't using rudder at all. I do use rudder all the time in other planes to assist the turn. I just had the bell flop on me turning with a 190 when he hit the ground i slammed the rudder over trying to hit his cockpit and ended up smashing into him while inverted!! I never seen a 109 cockpit fly off prior to the pilot bailing until that flight either. It was a 109 over kalm. I shot him up from long range and his canopy flys off. Was a WTF moment. I loved it!

The bell still floats and if you add rudder you flop severely' date=' In that fight I wasn't using rudder at all. I do use rudder all the time in other planes to assist the turn. I just had the bell flop on me turning with a 190 when he hit the ground i slammed the rudder over trying to hit his cockpit and ended up smashing into him while inverted!! I never seen a 109 cockpit fly off prior to the pilot bailing until that flight either. It was a 109 over kalm. I shot him up from long range and his canopy flys off. Was a WTF moment. I loved it![/quote']

Is the Bell worst than it was before? The 109 is definitely worst.

NA its better, bout time the FAF got some love eh? Now if they would give it HE and un nerf the 50s :)

NA its better' date=' bout time the FAF got some love eh? Now if they would give it HE and un nerf the 50s :)[/quote']

Oh god a Bell with HE in the nose... as much as I hate to admit it, that would be even cheaper than giving it the 37mm...

I find it hard to believe that the Bell handles better, though. It's hard to improve on perfection :cool:

(No, seriously. It used to require about the same amount of stick input to perform any maneuver at any speed, or at least the rate at which the plane responded to stick input made it seem that way.)

Yikes. Things not seeming so good in the skies for my impending return to the game...

Let's just say I am seriously considering doing a 110 only campaign next.

Not a fan. I've never mapped an axis to a curve but I think I might give it a go now. Feels like that sweet spot has been made real narrow on the F4. No shudder, no squirreling. Just flop.

Even the F4 requires a real light touch with these changes.

I approve the 109 fix, cant speak for Bell/Blen.

Seemed easier to recover from stalls and even if stalling a few more times, nothing major,had a couple of 520's and spits stall more and worse than I saw a 109 so far. better not be recruits

It warm's one's heart seeing how everyone avoided beta-testing as much as they could, just that they can ***** and moan once the changes have been made and it's too late to undo them. DOC and whoever else asked you many times to do the testing. There was literally NOBODY on the beta server at most times.

It warm's one's heart seeing how everyone avoided beta-testing as much as they could' date=' just that they can ***** and moan once the changes have been made and it's too late to undo them. DOC and whoever else asked you many times to do the testing. There was literally NOBODY on the beta server at most times.[/quote']

Say what you want, but I was busy last week. I am taking 20 units at a top university and had finals week on top of working a job. The last thing I had time for was beta testing. The very little free time I had was spent relaxing and playing the game with my squad, NOT beta testing. I am sure that I am not the only one with a busy schedule.

Releasing a bad "fix" for the 109 is not the fault of the beta testers.

Edited by Enigma

It warm's one's heart seeing how everyone avoided beta-testing as much as they could' date=' just that they can ***** and moan once the changes have been made and it's too late to undo them. DOC and whoever else asked you many times to do the testing. There was literally NOBODY on the beta server at most times.[/quote']*sigh*

homer-facepalm.jpg

so long slpr

It warm's one's heart seeing how everyone avoided beta-testing as much as they could' date=' just that they can ***** and moan once the changes have been made and it's too late to undo them. DOC and whoever else asked you many times to do the testing. There was literally NOBODY on the beta server at most times.[/quote']

You're absolutely right. I sat here at home sipping my coffee practically springing out of my chair waiting for the patch to go live so I could post how much I hated about it on the forums. I was so excited I needed to go through three pairs of boxers.

Or, no one was on the beta server (said so yourself), and if I wanted to tool around with it by myself I can do that offline.

befcause that would change everything if i was whining a week ago

You're absolutely right. I sat here at home sipping my coffee practically springing out of my chair waiting for the patch to go live so I could post how much I hated about it on the forums. I was so excited I needed to go through three pairs of boxers.

Or, no one was on the beta server (said so yourself), and if I wanted to tool around with it by myself I can do that offline.

I'm sorry, I understand that some people in this thread did indeed beta-test it. (So did I, but I'm not used to flying 109s) However, DOC asked for feedback a number of times, virtually all feedback he got (except for the trim issue that seemed rather trivial) was positive. As for fighting in it, guess why nobody did- because there was nobody on the beta server. I also couldn't dogfight anyone because every time I logged in, there was nobody online.

befcause that would change everything if i was whining a week ago

Yes it would. All comments about the FM changes except for very few that seemed to be due to j/s tweaks where positive.

Yes it would. All comments about the FM changes except for very few that seemed to be due to j/s tweaks where positive.

well i tried everyhitng but i cant fly right