Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Settings in 1.29.0.18 Don't Change

sandshark

I've attempted to change the pre-selected, default sound card in the settings through all the patches for the Beta up to the latest (1.29.0.18). My changes don't take. When I look at the settings again after I've changed them, there is no change.

What OS are you running?

Can you rename the DATA folder in your test directory and try again?

I'm running XP. The settings file are in the english folder of the loc file, just as they are in the CRS folder that contains the current live version of the game. When I rename the folder, I see a lot of #### everywhere on the settings window. It still doesn't change the sound card to the one I'm selecting. I can change other things in the settings, like resolution and connection, and those changes take, just not the sound card.

It appears not but fear not, they may come out of the woodwork when this goes live which is a good reason to get it live sooner!

I had the exact same problem in a previous version of 1.29 but *only* in the sound settings.

The issue was fixed for me a few versions back, so I never reported it.

As far as I can tell, this is fixed.