Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

1.29.0.23 Read Me and Testing

GOPHUR

================================

World War Two Online - Release Candidate

================================

Version 1.29.0.23 (11-24-08)

Note: A pre-holday release seems unlikely at the time of this writing. We'll see...

Clouds:

- Added the wisps (you didn;t even notice they were missing did you!)

Mac:

- Fixed a UI bug that caused the mac training to fail at the map tutorial

PLEASE TEST ALL MAC UI ELEMENTS

Training:

- Removed extra resupply feedback

- HUD forced on when doing tutorials

- fixed missing quick help tails

UI/HUD:

- Fixed rank restrictinos showing as zero

- Fixed AWS shouwing red for one plane

Me and Oldzeke did tests, that quested in chat. Found 2 bugs, one old, one new.

1. Still don't work cap assist (old)

2. It doubles cap kills (new), really did 1, on AAR stats = 2, did 2, in stats 4

Guard kills and all other things are good.

Tried it twice, me first, then Zeke, results are same.

New issue-

Sometimes when I Alt+Tab out and come back in, I have the mouse pointer on my screen and I'm unable to get rid of it; when this happens, I'm unable to control my soldier/vehicle with the mouse. Respawning fixes this.

Neither is clouds at the edge, related to a vision boundary that is a long standing issue.

Oddly enough, I wasn't able to reproduce the issue exactly the way it happened in .22 (with a cloud popping sharply in and out at the edge). Can't say it's fixed but I guess I'll say I can no longer reproduce.

- When I first enter tutorial, window says "Welcome to basic infantry movement tutorial.....Press Space to continue", if I move the mouse to look around during this window, I hear a bell sound and text pops up on the right hand column "Using the mouse to look" with a checkmark next to it even though I haven't been asked to do that yet.

When the next window shows up asking me to move the mouse, it stays on the screen for a few seconds and then moves to the next window without any bell sound.

Fixed (or at least I can no longer reproduce it).

Map tutorial:

- When Schilde is first seen, it shows as a German-owned city with a German icon, but has a French brigade flag on top of it (previously reported bug, not fixed). When Schilde is shown in the tutorial again later on, it has an Allied city icon.

- Spelling error: "...if you make it back to base without to much damage..."; Should be "too".

- When the tutorial tells me to right-click and add a report, I do in fact have the option to add a report (finally!), but as soon as I right-click, before I have had a chance to actually select the contact report icon I want to place, the window switches to the next one without giving me time to read what else it says.

Not fixed yet. To clarify, the next window starts with "The new report is now blinking on the map..." But I haven't even added a report yet.

Chat tutorial:

- The issue with tuning to the side channel is kind of fixed: F4 is already tuned to Side, but when I click Side from the drag-down menu on F4, it registers correctly and moves me to the next window anyway, so I no longer get stuck here. Chat tutorial can now be completed. This previously didn't happen for me. ....So I guess the only remaining issue is that Side is already tuned on F4 and that may confuse players.

Also, still getting the blank map cells issue:

http://forums.battlegroundeurope.com/showthread.php?t=248123

Oddly enough' date=' I wasn't able to reproduce the issue exactly the way it happened in .22 (with a cloud popping sharply in and out at the edge). Can't say it's fixed but I guess I'll say I can no longer reproduce.[/quote']I fixed that.

TY sir.

PS:

Go LIVE with 1.29 soon please guys. ;)

Hell, I'd say even with the remaining issues as of .23, 1.29 is without a doubt the BEST version of WWIIOL I've ever played.

The Mouse Pointer Issue I had yesterday as well.

I can reproduce it by just pressing Escape to get the despawn window and click on CANCEL, then i have the mouse pointer on screen and i cant control soldier etc. anymore until I open the map and close it again.