Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

(Mac PPC) 1.29.0.23 view azimuth changes are not smooth

dog3

Config: 1.29.0.23, 10.5.5, 2x2G5

(serious) Problem: (Offline+Online) Spawned as french rifle@sedan forward/backward motion is smooth, rotation is jerks or stutters. Problems appears to be worst in infantry avatars but visible in vehicles as well.

I admit the fps is highly variable upon quick moves spinning on your axis, although it's not any different than in the past. I will see 30-33 then as a spin quickly, it drops to 15 or so then moves up to 24, occasionally it will drop to 10 before recovering within a second or so back to wherever it was. It doesn't appear to be different than my previous tests in older versions. It's isn't so much a stutter for me as just a temp drop. I have a similar dual g5 (with x800) as dog. THe real slowdowns only occur when there are lots of inf present in the area, this test was by myself.

The effect on infantry avatars is apparent in both online and offline modes. I don't think that this is a fps issue. IIRC, my frame rate was about ~23. Moving forward/backward the view changes smoothly, it is only rotational changes where the view updates are not smooth.

I think that it might be a mouse issue. if I rotate using the arrow keys, then I don't seem to see the anomaly but if I rotate using the mouse I do. Perhaps this is a mouse event event issue?