Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

I just died twice to invisible ea.

smaku

i left brussels, not a plane in sight any direction, nor any tracers... next thing i know im getting plinked.. look behind me.. no ea, no tracers... keep getting plinked, no tracers no ea.

i die... like wtf?

then i respawn, lift again, and some dude msg's me, p38 666 , so i say wtf i dont see any planes behind me?

he's like I killed the bell p38 behind us , im like what? what bell? where are you? i cant see any of this and apparently its all happening around me..

then i get nailed by some plinks, he's engine dies, few seconds later as im gliding towards af i get a msg saying "you're clear" im' like wht? there was never anythign on me and where are you?

i couldnt see friendly or the enemies. thats 2 kia becauase of this bug

i left brussels, not a plane in sight any direction, nor any tracers... next thing i know im getting plinked.. look behind me.. no ea, no tracers... keep getting plinked, no tracers no ea.

i die... like wtf?

then i respawn, lift again, and some dude msg's me, p38 666 , so i say wtf i dont see any planes behind me?

he's like I killed the bell p38 behind us , im like what? what bell? where are you? i cant see any of this and apparently its all happening around me..

then i get nailed by some plinks, he's engine dies, few seconds later as im gliding towards af i get a msg saying "you're clear" im' like wht? there was never anythign on me and where are you?

i couldnt see friendly or the enemies. thats 2 kia becauase of this bug

I was the guy PMing you.

I saw two halos and came down to investigate, you were running away from a Bell, scissoring a bit getting shot up. Then a p38 showed up and I chased him around a bit.

I came back to clear your six, and watched the bell hit a tree and explode.

So there was definitely a bell on your six, you couldn't have missed him so apparently it didnt render for you.

I flew right over you after you ditched. Did you see me at least?

I was the guy PMing you.

I saw two halos and came down to investigate, you were running away from a Bell, scissoring a bit getting shot up. Then a p38 showed up and I chased him around a bit.

I came back to clear your six, and watched the bell hit a tree and explode.

So there was definitely a bell on your six, you couldn't have missed him so apparently it didnt render for you.

I flew right over you after you ditched. Did you see me at least?

i didnt even see you lol. and i was scizzoring caus ei could hear plinks , but couldnt see anything

i don't hit trees. Trees hit me.

Thank God I'm not the only one having this problem. I'm scanning 6 repeatedly, yawing side to side, yet I got nailed by a Bell that passed about 20' to port of my cockpit after filling me full of holes.

No halo even at that range.

And yes, icons were set to 'Normal'

I once flew a (low level boming) sortie, where I couldn't see my mission leader. Not even his mark. He was multicrewed and I could see his bombardier's icon on the map (jumping around as they always naturally do), but not the pilot. Would be hilarious if I could see the the bombardier sitting in thin air, but I didn't :(

Happened to me too. I never saw any friendly or enemy air. No tracers shooting me, you just hear the plinks. And AI over friendly AF doesn't fire for me either.

I heard a call of ei in the bunker at Leuven. So I spawn in and see no enemy and hear no gunshots, and I run to the bunker. The bunker is empty, no enemy or friendlies, but I see a few friendly tags in town. I radio that the bunker is clear, and Thewench says "I just got killed in there again, no it's not." I literally said, "Um, are we in the same town? Leuven AB?" And she's like, "Yeah." There were four friendlies on my map inside the bunker, none of whom I could see. So I go back outside and see some CPs capped British, town is still deserted. Some squaddies of mine who also answered the distress call are standing around near the AB, either standing perfectly still or warping around almost like a speed hacker. At least some of them can see me.

I asked again on the radio if there was, like, a battle going on in Leuven. Wench and Bobstav said yes. I still couldn't see anything except some friendlies standing around. I did not see as many people on my map as there should have been if there was a real battle going on. All were on my mission, I believe. I was afraid to go anywhere or to try to cap a table since clearly I was invisible to the ei. So I did a .report, and said I would stay spawned in for a while and stand around in case a GM wanted to come take a look at me and try to figure out what was going on. I don't know if anybody ever did.

Later I was able to hear a laffly and a sherman approaching, didn't stick around to see them arrive. I also found out that on the map all the CPs were Axis, although I was seeing British flags on some. When I touched the radios they appeared German on the popup screen.

I hope some of this is helpful.

The problem is that atm machinegun ammo flame fmbs all they need to do is score single hit on fmb deck thats why proofs are needed feel free to drop by harbour forum!

Probably due to some host wonkiness. Keep posting if you see it but I think this will resolve itself somewhere between WTF? and This Never Happened.

We just validated the LOD's of the prime suspect (P38) so it isn't the obvious or usual cause of "invisible whatever" ... what we will need is more detail on "what plane is it" and now I know if you cant see it, that could be difficult, but a kill and AAR checkback will service this requirement well.

As gophur said, it could have been a host issue with post patch bandwidth meltdown and cellhost insanity. This often happens in the first hours after a patch that EVERYONE is grabbing because of an extended downtime before the patch is released.

Watch the situation for a few days, maybe it has gone the way of the server load, ie: bye bye.

For some replies that I read, I don't think it's a "specific plane" issue, guys. Should has to do with server and/or client (probably server).

I read some reports about invisible EA and I read about invisible FA as well. I try to find the posts.

I found it:

Just logged in after a CTD (Lot of people got it in the same time). Fly to frontline and bounce trhough 3 red circles with NO ea or friendlies ANYWHERE. Get to over brussels (which is red square) and see no AI and suddenly get hit...

Im hurt bad, but I'm diving straght down over the AF and while looking back and forward (still no AI). 3 seconds later plane blows up WHILE I'm lookng back - there's nothing there...

PLEEEEASE don't tell me that invisible ea bug is back...

http://forums.battlegroundeurope.com/showthread.php?t=251499

My invisible problem was the same as Thiefman's. I was the only one in the game world it seemed, except chat was working, and I could see tons of people on radar. AI wasn't firing etc... I landed and respawned and all was fixed.

Same here, I had friendlies on map, chat working and all, just could not see anybody. I did a flyby over the AF with a friendly sitting in the hangar, he saw me but I could not see him.

Tried to despawn but server went down.

Same was with me 15min earlier then Pusicato, but i haven't see anyone and they couldn't see me (i've seen Pusicato when it was with him), relog fixed it...

My first sortie today i spawned in with objects on the map that updated slowly had a pretty much dead data stream and no units were rendering despawned then respawned again then it was fine :S.

1st time this has ever happened to me not sure if there is a way to replicate it had netcode2 and SSE ext. on.