Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

1.29 Known Isuues: Cursor Stays Up After Cancel Despawn

actrade

Spawn anything, hit despawn...cancel rather than despawn...mouse cursor appears and you cant control your unit.

We still haven;t nailed this one because we just can;t reproduce it reliably. Can anyone give me a step by step to reproduce?

Hmmm...this is 100% reproducible. Simply spawn any unit. Hit escape to despawn. Once you have a choice between despawn and cancel, click on cancel. Voila, now your mouse cursor will not disappear and you can't control your unit until you open and close your map. It works for me 100% of the time as I assumed it did for everyone else and several on TS and in game have reported this issue. Some are reporting that it happens after they've alt-tabbed out and then back in game, so you may want to try that.

^^^What he said...

Like that for me: Escape for despawn window, click on cancel, despawn window disappears but mouse pointer stays until map opened & closed again

Ok Gophur, got home and tried to reproduce...despawned/cancelled with no problem, then did it again after doing an alt-tab...voila, bug reproduced!!!

Hmmm...this is 100% reproducible. Simply spawn any unit. Hit escape to despawn. Once you have a choice between despawn and cancel' date=' click on cancel. Voila, now your mouse cursor will not disappear and you can't control your unit until you open and close your map. It works for me 100% of the time as I assumed it did for everyone else and several on TS and in game have reported this issue. Some are reporting that it happens after they've alt-tabbed out and then back in game, so you may want to try that.[/quote']

Ahh but you see it isn't 100% for everyone. For instance, no one in my office can replicate this.

* spawn brit rifleman offline

* hit esc

* hit cancel

* cursor disappears

If there is something different I should try i will.

Ok Gophur' date=' got home and tried to reproduce...despawned/cancelled with no problem, then did it again after doing an alt-tab...voila, bug reproduced!!![/quote']

I will try that right now.

Where exactly did you alt-tab?

Hmm still not getting it. Tried alt-tab between sessions at the UI and also with the despawn pop up. Damn I hope we find this soon.

Ok need OS for all of you guys. What else, mouse driver?

same here.

vista ultimate 64bit

mouse razer lachesis

funny, just tried to replicate it. of course didnt work lol. i had that bug many times the past days but couldnt replicate it just now.

tried with alt tab but still was fine. weird.

bb

Hmm still not getting it. Tried alt-tab between sessions at the UI and also with the despawn pop up. Damn I hope we find this soon.

Ok need OS for all of you guys. What else, mouse driver?

Ok, never went to U/I. I simply hit cancel. Then alt-tabbed to minimize to desktop. Hit despawn again and mouse bug started.

Using MS 5.1.2600.0 HID compliant mouse driver...pretty standard. Using Win XP SP3.

We still haven;t nailed this one because we just can;t reproduce it reliably. Can anyone give me a step by step to reproduce?

Hey Gophur

I am using winxp sp3, ms mousedrivers, ATI 256 meg video card running Radeon Omega Drivers.

I am logging in as Axis. I know the problem occurs when I am mission leader but cannot remember if it happens when I am not mission leader (I will try that tonight). Hope something in here helps.

Hey Gophur

I am using winxp sp3, ms mousedrivers, ATI 256 meg video card running Radeon Omega Drivers.

I am logging in as Axis. I know the problem occurs when I am mission leader but cannot remember if it happens when I am not mission leader (I will try that tonight). Hope something in here helps.

****UPDATE****** Only happens when I have affinity set to both cores or just core 1 checked. Doesn't happen if only core 0 is checked. Also, checked when not a mission leader and had both cores checked and did not experience the problem. Being mission leader and having core 1 checked seems to be the problem in my case at least.

Spawn into game (just done testing on live) press escape for spawn screen, click on cancel: nothing

spawn in again, open map, close map, then press escape for despawn screen, press cancel: mouse cursor stays - have to open map & close again for cursor to go away

Doesn't matter if ML or not

Also, when opening map, then selecting KEYMAPPER, reselecting THEATER MAP, close map and open map again the tab at the bottom right of the keymapper where you select joystick or keyboard/mouse keymaps sticks out after the above procedure

Spawn into game (just done testing on live) press escape for spawn screen, click on cancel: nothing

spawn in again, open map, close map, then press escape for despawn screen, press cancel: mouse cursor stays - have to open map & close again for cursor to go away

Also, when opening map, then selecting KEYMAPPER, reselecting THEATER MAP, close map and open map again the tab at the bottom right of the keymapper where you select joystick or keyboard/mouse keymaps sticks out after the above procedure

You beat me to it GSC. The key was to open the map, close the map, THEN hit esc key to spawn out, then click on cancel. Works everytime.

Good catch. After trying again, that is exactly what the problem is. Went back and tested everything I did and the key is opening the map first. Guess next time I'm troubleshooting a bug, I shouldn't be in the middle of a battle :)

Everytime I've tried cancelling a despawn I've gotten this. Dunno if this is because I alt-tab a lot to check stuff on the forum, cs&r and other things during play. Never really thought about testing before I alt-tab but I'll try to next.

Haven't mapped alt key to anything else than the default.

Everytime I've tried cancelling a despawn I've gotten this. Dunno if this is because I alt-tab a lot to check stuff on the forum, cs&r and other things during play. Never really thought about testing before I alt-tab but I'll try to next.

Haven't mapped alt key to anything else than the default.

I tested this doing alt-tabs during game loading, after the game has loaded, after I'd spawned and it has no effect. It was only after I looked at the map, then despawned/cancelled that this bug showed up.