Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

There is still a problem with invisible ei.

wulff

There is still a problem with some ei not rendering inside the cp. Just a minute ago, I was guarding the Ath Enghien cp when an ei appeared outside the entrance. I saw him and took a shot. He backed away from the entrance and I thought he was still outside the table room.

A minute later he appeared at the table and shot me. I did not see him enter the room or move to the table, and I was watching like a hawk. I think this problem should be addressed by CRS as quickly as possible, as some ei are getting free kills. I made a .report.

Last night I was in Valenciennes guarding the LeQuesnoy spawn CP and got a message from someone outside that an EI had ran into the CP. As I was looking at the Box with the radio covering it with my SMG all the time and saw noone there I started sneaking forward from the "wardrobe" to try to catch the EI before he would reach the radio. I had not moved 2 meters when the radio disappeared and I got the message that the depot was capped...

No enemy in sight at all...

Happened to me 4 times the other day. Do not know if the problem was on my side or Harrisc1's.

I would enter the depot nobody there and die. 4 times in a row. On deathcam he would become visible all 4 times in the same place right where I was looking when I entered the depot.

yeah..well i saw jesus the other day in dordrecht.. guy runs out of ab... and runs all the way over the river.. too bad i forgot to take sreens.. i was too astonished...:D

yeah..well i saw jesus the other day in dordrecht.. guy runs out of ab... and runs all the way over the river.. too bad i forgot to take sreens.. i was too astonished...:D

the river turn into wine? :D

Was there any fix to this today from Rat central? Did the server come down today at all during Rat working hours? I didn't see any posts saying "Server down".

Maybe it's just a few of our machines that are having the problem, but I saw nothing like this before the patch.

Maybe tweaking the settings will fix this bug. I've got netcode2 and sse2 enabled, as well as a bunch of other stuff that I can't remember right now. Maybe changing something in the settings panel will fix it.

Or maybe it's just a new patch bug that will go away all by itself once the patch settles in.

One thing I do know, it takes away from the fun of guarding the cp. It's no fun getting killed by an ei that can't be seen, that's for sure. I'll try again when I login and make another report if it happens again. But I've got a bad feeling that this is a bug in the new patch that was missed in beta testing and somehow slipped through the Rats quality control. A fix, or some acknowledgment that there is a problem would be greatly appreciated.

I just checked the Forums again and saw a post by KFS1 that the servers came down briefly to address this very problem. My thanks, I'll check more carefully next time before posting.

Thanks for the information konev.

The invisible ei seem to be back. I was in the Diksmuide Ieper CP guarding it. I was beside the entrance to the table room. From that position the only place I can get shot is from the entrance itself, or from inside the table room, unless they can shoot through walls now.

The ei shot me without me seeing him in the entrance. Funnily enough, in the ingame AAR the sortie was listed as a RTB even though I was dead. In the CSR though the kill was listed as a kill.

I realize it was the wee hours of Monday morning MST, but CRS I wish you would fix this problem for good as it is making it difficult to guard CP's. This is the third time this has happened to me, since the 1.29 patch.

I experienced death by no one in ab tonight while staring out th emurder hole. Clearly it is not yet fixed.

• 2 weeks later...

It happened to me AGAIN. I was in the LeChesne Launois CP, guarding in the corner beside the entrance to the table room and BANG! KIA without seeing any EI at all. I admit I'm still new after a long break, but I was careful to move away from the wall so my foot didn't clip through when I was in the crouched position. I couldn't be seen from the window, so it's not that. I don't think they're randomly taking rifle shots through the small wall, I doubt it's that. The EI didn't render in the entrance, or along the stairs, or inside the table room, it was just an unexpected bang and I'm dead.

Is there something I'm missing, or is this a bad bug that came in with 1.29? I did a full reinstall of the game the other day to cure another problem, but it doesn't seem to have helped this one at all. It only seems to happen in that particular spot, but that's my favorite spot for guarding a CP.

If the EI can see me enough to shoot me inside a non trashed CP, I should at least see something of him, but nada, nothing, just a bang with no one else present and I'm dead.

It's distressing to say the least. If it happens again, I'm going to have to find a new spot to guard from, or quit guarding CP's.

I don't think they're shooting me through the wall, or shooting a clipped foot. I think they're not rendering due to a problem with the new host and I wish CRS would fix it, so I can guard in my spot.

It was a sniper who shot me. Someone tell me how a sniper can shoot me in that spot from outside a non trashed CP which I think is the only other explanation other than it's a bug. I couldn't be seen through the windows.

If he shot me from inside the CP I should have seen something because I was watching.

I think 1.29 is still bugged.

yes it happen to me at ciney fb also yesterday. was at an other fb forget which atm but was next to inf spawn and it went down with no ei insight. salute

also at ciney fb were ei spawning from an invisible ems salute

My good luck, I tried guarding from a different spot and got 2 with no problem. I'm finished venting, I'll just guard from a different spot from now on.

Shot a guy in a hanger,, he disappeard like maybe alt f4 or something, so i moved to the other side of hanger and I get killed, death spawn out shows no EI anywhere??? and I get a kill on an atg which i never saw either,,...lol wow,,something is a miss here.. :cool: Thus just about given up on any close in fighting in built up areas,,dont seem to have any problem outside of a town,,anyone else have the invis ei outside of a town,, say FB or just outside the town somewhere?..:rolleyes: