Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

1.29 crashes vista 64/Nvidia 180.48

ziporama

The game crashes after some time, not usually immediately. The error reported in Vista is this:

The program WW2_sse2.exe version 1.29.0.255 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Problem Reports and Solutions control panel. Process ID: f80 Start Time: 01c9510e40dc4118 Termination Time: 30

This could be the Nvidia 180 drivers just released, as I upgraded those just prior to patching to 1.29. I will try with prior driver to see if the problem continues. Was rock solid until either patch.

Reporting here in case this rings a bell with anyone.

Vista 64, patched to date as of 11/27/08, DirectX November update, Nvidia 8800 ultra / Nvidia 180.48 drivers, QX9650, 4Gb memory.

Wanted to give an update:

I reverted to the NVidia 178.24 driver and had no issues this evening. Will report back if problem appears again. For the time being, the 180.48 drivers appear to be a no-go.

Zip

Ok thanks. Great report. I'll definitely keep an eye on this and when Martini gets back I'll have him take a look at the new drivers.

I've got an 8800 so I'll test this on my box as well.