Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Horrible stutters

big10

Since the patch I have experience unplayable stutters and major warp issues. I did not have one single issue with this before. Is there some new settings that I am not aware off with new patch that will help this? I have a strong system. 8gigs ram, Vista 64, BFG GTX280, intel core 2 duo 3.0GHz. My internet connection is not the best but like I said, this is happening after new patch.

I have change all settings that I can find back to where I had them beforehand. I have new drivers installed for video and sound.

Internet connection shoul dnot affect this, i think.

To be sure can you try replicating this offline.

Also, if your fps is insanely high would you try enabling vsync?

How can I replicate it in offline mode when there is no one around. It is what I am seeing visibly with other players. Before patch I have played in large town with a lot of players with no problems. Now on the ground or in the air, I can watch a plane be in one spot and the next is totally out of my gun sight.

I have even removed the whole game and installed the game on an empty hard drive. No change. If you need anymore information about my system, let me know.

Same exact problem here. Previously I've always had excellent game play, but now this game is unplayable. Players (both fellow Allied and the Axis) constantly warp all over the screen.

I have an aging, but powerful system:

Intel P4 3.0GHz

2 SLI Nvidia GeForce 6600GTs (Tried both modes single and SLI mode)

4 GB Ram

WinXp Pro (yes, I know it can't use all 4 gigs of ram)

I do have very High-Speed Internet at 20 Mbps.

I have noticed my ping go from average 30s before the patch to 80s and then 100+ after the patch.

Nothing about my system has changed except the new patch.

I understand that a network lag is meant.

A fast PC doesn't solve the issue of a bad internet connection of course.

Try to to reduce the max visual players setting in game to low.

Threstep: Your 5 year old CPU is not powerful I fear. But if you have a network lag, try to lower the mentioned setting as well.

Stutters have appeared in my system too. Most notably while flying over any town during large battles. I have consitent 75-120 fps but when approaching the ground for bomb drop the stutters start. This wasn't an issue in any of the earlier releases. FPS doesn't change but the game stutters.

Intel Core DUO 2.6gig

4gig RAM

Nvidia 8800GTS

174gig HDD running in RAID 1+0

High Speed internet

Windows XP with latest service packs.

My biggest grip is why is it doing it now as opposed to not having a single problem before patch. I have all ready change game settings back to the way they were with old patch.

Is there something wrong on your server side.

My frame rate swings from normal (for me 35-50 FPM) to single digits, then up then down, up, down with seemingly no change in action/activity around me.

Like others the game ran more consistently before patch.

I have a high end computer,,stutters happen as discribed over towns with high population,,if i fly over a town in that situation I turn off all hud on my screen (Y key) make my pass then reactivate the Hud (Y key ) no stutters,, also the tags on folks on ground is larger, thus rendering takes up fps also,, maybe a system where the player can reduce the tags size in the keymapper might help some, You can experiment by turning off the icons with (numlock key) and try your pass over target..

If lets say your bombing the ab there is no need for Hud on once your on your bomb run , or FB run,, enroute to target or RTB turn it back on,, Now in air to air if you get near the ground and 15 air craft are chasing around turning off the hud for a bit may help stutters,, it does for me..and my keymapper is set for the above keys yours may be different,, experiment some to find the temporary cure..

Was in game a bit more.

My frame rate swings from normal to single digits, depending on what I am looking at. For example:

When infantry

-look at sky - very good frame rate

-look around town and trees - frame rate goes way down

-look at trees with binoculars - single digits frame rate

When in tank

-in drivers position - ok frame rate

-look through gun sight at 2x zoom - frame rate drops to single digits

I was getting more consistent frame rates before patch.

Was in game a bit more.

My frame rate swings from normal to single digits, depending on what I am looking at. For example:

When infantry

-look at sky - very good frame rate

-look around town and trees - frame rate goes way down

-look at trees with binoculars - single digits frame rate

When in tank

-in drivers position - ok frame rate

-look through gun sight at 2x zoom - frame rate drops to single digits

I was getting more consistent frame rates before patch.

Same on my second system: AMD 4800+ x2, 2 Gb ram, X-fi, Ati X1800XL

Make sure ALL your drivers are updated.

STUTTERS are your computer loading graphics from the hard drive - happens on bombing/strafing runs because of the speed you are approaching a lot of new (previously undrawn) items that aren't in memory.

MAKE SURE: You are not running SKYPE, or other items that are taking up CPU cycles as you play. TURN THEM ALL OFF.

This game is a CPU hog - you need all the CPU cycles you can get - so that is why turning off items really helps.

SOUND: This takes a LOT of cycles if you don't have a sound card - IF you have onboard sound, you are using a TON of CPU to get your sound. Turn the number of sounds down, or buy a sound card. (you are getting 3D sound with doppler and that takes CPU power).

Good luck.

Joker007

Allied Chief of Staff

My drivers are up to date and the sound is on the MB, that has not change, same before and after the patch.

For a test I put in my old nvidia graphic card - BFG GeForce 7900 GSOC. My frame rate is 'normal' again when looking at trees.

Because I only changed the graphic card (and associated driver), my guess is that BE does not like the newer ATi - ASUS EAH4850 HDMI graphic card (with twice the video memory).

Going off line and looking at trees through binoculars:

Old nvidia card = 45 FPS

new ATi card (with twice the video memory) = 5 FPS

How is this possible?

Make sure ALL your drivers are updated.

STUTTERS are your computer loading graphics from the hard drive - happens on bombing/strafing runs because of the speed you are approaching a lot of new (previously undrawn) items that aren't in memory.

Posts some months ago seemed to indicate that the stutters are related to the CPU/GPU instancing a large number of new objects, especially paratroopers.

One member of the german community actually has the game running on a ramdisk, which didn't cure the stutters entirely.

My drivers are up to date and the sound is on the MB, that has not change, same before and after the patch.

For a test I put in my old nvidia graphic card - BFG GeForce 7900 GSOC. My frame rate is 'normal' again when looking at trees.

Because I only changed the graphic card (and associated driver), my guess is that BE does not like the newer ATi - ASUS EAH4850 HDMI graphic card (with twice the video memory).

Going off line and looking at trees through binoculars:

Old nvidia card = 45 FPS

new ATi card (with twice the video memory) = 5 FPS

How is this possible?

This is definitely a driver or hardware problem with you graphics subsystem. A 4850 should always be faster than a 7900.

Check if your graphics card is running at full speed, and if that is the case, I reccommend driver juggling, there should be at least one driver out there that runs the game well.