Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

1.29 A new issue for me

k1ng

OK on occasion if i bump into something or alt-tab in and out of game (or even just walk a few yards) the time in game will warp around from lets say 15:49 to 02:17 (as happened today) then back then forth then to other times... Then the time goes back to normal after i receive a green tint on bushes and things.

I also sometimes get a really nasty high pitched scream into my ears but this is rare and usually while I'm playing music using my other sound card, so im guessing that's just something going WTF because im trying to use two sound cards at the same time :) I do get cornflakes and falling through the floor sometimes on spawn (Veh/AAA/ATG only) sometimes too this i find is also caused by playing music :S even when flying i seem to fall through the floor for some unknown reason screen just goes black map goes white (its not that white map bug either as large map is fine just the mini map)

They sure are!

Oh, wait what?

Uh 2 sound cards you say? Huh. That sounds like a bad idea... Hmm. I'll have to try it out. You are saying that it pretty much only happens when you are using two separate sound devices at the same time?

They sure are!

Oh, wait what?

Uh 2 sound cards you say? Huh. That sounds like a bad idea... Hmm. I'll have to try it out. You are saying that it pretty much only happens when you are using two separate sound devices at the same time?

Yeah... well the high pitched tone and the fall through the earth thing.

If i collide with something in game (tree as tank) i can replicate the time warp sometimes (does not require music on the other card).

I am not running two sound cards and am having the same problem. I am however using an onboard sound set in the form of my nForce chipset.

Two issues:

1. The time is in fast forward with the sky rapidly alternating between dawn, day, dusk, and night. This takes approximately 1 min for a full cycle.

2. I load a unit in and, after a short time, the screen goes black and I hear a high pitch noise that sounds like a vacuum cleaner ready to spontaneously combust into a puddle of plastic. I die, and I can occassionally see a death cam view of myself rapidly spinning through the the blackness. In fact, I was spinning and there was vsync tearing. Then it's back to the mission screen.

Edit:

I re-installed the game. Cleared out all of the files and cleaned the registry. Now it runs better than the < 20 fps I was getting. It run so good that the counter fluctuates between 1200 fps and -70 fps. However, any time I try to load up a plane it "falls through the ground". At least that's what I think it's doing. Can't tell, it's instant death. I haven't had a chance to try tanks, atgs, etc. Infantry play seems fine.

I think the game clock spinning out of control has to deal with Alt-Tabbing. Not sure about the fall through the earth and dieing on spawn bug though.

REPLICATED: I only get it when running the game using both my cores (happens the instant I set CPU0 and 1 while spawned) If i take it off and leave it as either cpu 0 or cpu 1 the bug stops.

Sound thing just seems to be happening when there is alot going on in game (huge epic battle etc)