Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Automatic Join ....

main4ce

I just finished lessioning to the last RAT CHAT nr 9 and have a suggestion to one of the questions about game imbalance, I wouldn't know if it could be implemented or not, its just something I seen in other games like COD.

The idea is simple and may just help a little with game imbalance.

Add an "Automatic Join" to the main Lobby, even as a popup if need be, so that when chosen it automatically takes you to the under populated side. You could even add a text to go along with it like, "this will automatically take you to where you are most needed". Even add an award like extra scoring points if you do.

I'm sure this would help a little, specially for all those players that play both sides anyway!

Not to sure where I should have posted this..so here you go! :)

I think this would be great especially with increased scoring. I'm just not sure how many people would actually select it. The UI already tells you who the underpop side is and puts a selection delay on the over pop side to give you time to think about going the other way.

Yeah I know what you mean..but maybe some will be just lazy enough to click on a autojoin pop-up telling them ...this is where your are needed most with increased scoring...

Could you arrange for that person to then be taken to the main (biggest) battle, vehicle choice page, really taken them to where they are needed?

I remain convinced that if the above were implemented as an Instant Infantry Action button, it would be popular and heavily used.

Click it, and you're a rifleman on your way to whatever current battle has the greatest nearly-balanced kill rate, on the side with less population.

I'm aware of the philosophical/theoretical arguments against Instant Action, i.e. it's inconsistent with team gameplay and planned gameplay. I continue to think those arguments undervalue the game-satisfaction-delivery-potential for some customers and in some circumstances (i.e. only half an hour to play) of being in action two minutes from boot.

Just have it placed somewhere where it's not easily clicked by mistake and I'm all for it. I don't want another thing to get annoyed about though, like the mobile spawn clickbox. I hate that one because I always forget to unclick it when I want to spawn in the FB or AB instead of the MSP. I'd want that to be deselected by default but I guess I'm one of very few that would want it that way.

If this instant infantry button would become something similar I don't think I'd continue to play because I don't want anyone/anything to chose for me, I want to chose myself...

well you could also add a rule if clicked by mistake, you can still switch to your side of wish with in a certin time frame, like 5 mins?? not locking you to that side for the night! but only available on the first boot into game for that day!

starting to sound like alot of work

Maybe just a point system to start with?

I don't know if infantry combat will ever be exciting in this game. Before it can be, infantry close quarter action needs to be fixed. As someone once said recently, it's easier to hit someone at 300 yards than 10 feet.

I do not support forced sides, but if you want to give added scoring for the under populated side, I say go for it. Though, I will always play German. NO interest to play anything else.

I don't know if infantry combat will ever be exciting in this game. Before it can be, infantry close quarter action needs to be fixed. As someone once said recently, it's easier to hit someone at 300 yards than 10 feet.

I do not support forced sides, but if you want to give added scoring for the under populated side, I say go for it. Though, I will always play German. NO interest to play anything else.

I'm not an infantry player either m8, and god forbid forced sides, that’s not what I wanted to suggest, just a way to help with imbalance!

I'm not an infantry player either m8' date=' and god forbid forced sides, that’s not what I wanted to suggest, just a way to help with imbalance![/quote']

Well, I am an infantry player right now thanks to my graphical problem that makes anything with sights not work properly.

But I don't mind there being an imbalance. War is never truly fair. So it's just the way it goes. One man is too little to matter in this game anyways. You can only do so much, so in my mind, whichever side wins isn't really relevant.

Well, I am an infantry player right now thanks to my graphical problem that makes anything with sights not work properly.

But I don't mind there being an imbalance. War is never truly fair. So it's just the way it goes. One man is too little to matter in this game anyways. You can only do so much, so in my mind, whichever side wins isn't really relevant.

Don't get mislead m8, but a squad of 10 good mean with a good leader can move a map while online. 1 may not make a difference but 1 of a team can!