Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Graphical problem

l0stsoul

I just decided to give WW2 Online a shot again after three to four years of inactivity. However, after I downloaded it, I decided to test it online just to see how the Tiger tanks and all operates (never should have added them imho). Anyways, up close all graphics appear normal. But whenever I look in the distance (especially if I look through a scope of some sort), trees appear and disappear and it appears the sky comes forward and backwards.

I did just recently buy a new laptop which does have 64 bit color. Is this perhaps the problem or is there anything else that could be an issue?

Did you update all your drivers with fresh downloads from the manufacturers web sites? If you need help with this, please post in the Community Support forums and we can assist you.

That's a negative. I won't have a problem updating my NVidia drivers as I have done that before (on prior systems). But in the past those are usually the only ones I ever updated.

Games like Fallout3 and The Witcher run near flawlessly on my system. So I wouldn't think that would be the problem, but perhaps I can give it a shot.

I took two pics. The first one is with a German rifleman in training. The second is a PIIIH in training. As you can tell, not a huge deal for the rifleman. The tank isn't bad looking through the scope until you use the second zoom. Even then as rotating the turret, sometimes the graphics will look about normal and othertimes they will look like the second pic. Any ideas?

attachment.php?attachmentid=82147&stc=1&d=1228446423

attachment.php?attachmentid=82148&stc=1&d=1228446423

Eh, it now happens with infantry too. If I am prone and lay on a mount and look a certain direction, then most all the land turns white. When turning, it's as if everything has shadows and lags to load. Weird situation.

Here are the pics. The second one doesn't look bad, but what I am trying to show in that one is how the outer portions of trees and buildings tend to blur when rotating. The first one though is the biggest problem. Especially when in the prone position, this occurs a lot and makes the game unplayable.

pic2.jpg

ww2onlinepic1.jpg

I have fixed this problem by switching it from a balanced preset to best quality preset. I am not sure what option changed, but that fixed the graphics 100% as far as I can tell.

Problem is not fixed afterall, however, it is fixed enough to make it playable for most infantry. It is still messed up when inside a building looking out (sometimes). It is also messed up when using a scopes. The sniper is unplayable for me.

sniperview.jpg

For the record, my system is an Intel Centrino 2 with a GeForce 9800M GTS 521 mb graphics card, 4gb RAM, and the processor is duo core. Changing the affinity to having both checked solves none of the above problems.

Another. This is how it looks inside most all buildings. If I am outdoors, no problems unless I zoom in, but as soon as i go into a building, this crap.

doorview.jpg

For the record' date=' my system is an Intel Centrino 2 with a GeForce 9800M GTS 521 mb graphics card, 4gb RAM, and the processor is duo core. Changing the affinity to having both checked solves none of the above problems.[/quote']

Gophur will probably ask what version of video driver you are using, as well.

Turn off bump maps or other stuff like that.

On the Mac there is one checkbox that makes stuff screwy, turn it off and everything is fine, maybe a similar thing is happening.

Gophur will probably ask what version of video driver you are using' date=' as well.[/quote']

7.15.11.7615 is the driver version. I am using a laptop and what I did not know until recently when I installed new drivers is that laptop graphics card drivers are specific to the laptop manufacturer rather than the graphics card company. Mine is a Gateway FX Edition, so I had to download them from Gateway rather than Nvidia.

Roger that on the drivers though really that isn't always the case.

Very odd. Try turning off the post render filter in settings. It looks like that is causing a problem. Also, the big problem you are having looks to be z buffer related. Have not seen that on other 9 series cards. Probably not showing up in fallout because, well, you just can;t see far enough to introduce these floating point errors.

This is going to be a driver issue the problem is as you state, nvidia does not offer a driver for this card. Hmm. Well the dirty little secret is that the only real reason that nVidia direct drivers don't support your card is that the INF file does not specify your device. Let's face it, nVidia drivers are UNIFIED. So then...

I would try the 180 drivers listed here:

http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/drivers

Roger that on the drivers though really that isn't always the case.

Very odd. Try turning off the post render filter in settings. It looks like that is causing a problem. Also, the big problem you are having looks to be z buffer related. Have not seen that on other 9 series cards. Probably not showing up in fallout because, well, you just can;t see far enough to introduce these floating point errors.

This is going to be a driver issue the problem is as you state, nvidia does not offer a driver for this card. Hmm. Well the dirty little secret is that the only real reason that nVidia direct drivers don't support your card is that the INF file does not specify your device. Let's face it, nVidia drivers are UNIFIED. So then...

I would try the 180 drivers listed here:

http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/drivers

I will give the different drivers a shot and see what happens. I will also try the disabling of the post render filter.

Your idea for the drivers makes sense, but that wouldn't explain why the outdoors always looks messed up when inside a building only. Perhaps that is related to the post render filter though. Don't know. I'll give it all a shot then update later when I have time.

Thanks

The two images here are after turning off the post rendering filter. The first one actually brought back one of my original graphical errors that I had reported. However, turning on the post rendering filter just changes it from trees cloning theirselves to snow covered fields and blurry skies.

original.jpg

original2.jpg

The second image is through the sniper scope with the post rendering filter turned off. It is supposed to be daylight as the clock shows, but as you can see it appears dark. It would probably make it at least playable, but still extremely annoying.

I tried installing the different drivers, but it said they were incompatible with my hardware.

I am going to punt this back up. I want to go out and buy a joystick so I can play as something other than infantry (keyboard and mouse suck for everything else). I want to enjoy this game, but until this issue gets fixed (if it is fixable), I can't resubscribe. I can only use my trial and then refuse to resubscribe. Any other ideas whatsoever? Perhaps I am trying to install those 180 drivers wrong (downloaded them, extracted them, then clicked to run set-up. Gave me an error saying it was incompatible with my hardware). I have tried playing with some of the video settings, but there are too many options and I don't have time to try every combination.

Thanks

I am going to punt this back up. I want to go out and buy a joystick so I can play as something other than infantry (keyboard and mouse suck for everything else). I want to enjoy this game, but until this issue gets fixed (if it is fixable), I can't resubscribe. I can only use my trial and then refuse to resubscribe. Any other ideas whatsoever? Perhaps I am trying to install those 180 drivers wrong (downloaded them, extracted them, then clicked to run set-up. Gave me an error saying it was incompatible with my hardware). I have tried playing with some of the video settings, but there are too many options and I don't have time to try every combination.

Thanks

LOST -

I have the Gateway FX laptop just like you.

Go to GATEWAY and download their latest video driver. I can't remember but the forums show that they ARE aware of this issue.

Additionally, make sure you have updated your Vista 64 /completely/. The tearing issue you have is the "lock vertical" button - the sky is not erasing but OVERWRITING what is there.

Play with your WWIIOL settings by starting with everything TURNED DOWN. They turn on items 1 by 1 and you'll see stuff change.

When I look at the sky, I still get a flare in the sniper scope. But that is the only time it happens.

PM me and we can compare setups.

S!

Joker007

Allied Chief of Staff

LOST -

I have the Gateway FX laptop just like you.

Go to GATEWAY and download their latest video driver. I can't remember but the forums show that they ARE aware of this issue.

Additionally, make sure you have updated your Vista 64 /completely/. The tearing issue you have is the "lock vertical" button - the sky is not erasing but OVERWRITING what is there.

Play with your WWIIOL settings by starting with everything TURNED DOWN. They turn on items 1 by 1 and you'll see stuff change.

When I look at the sky, I still get a flare in the sniper scope. But that is the only time it happens.

PM me and we can compare setups.

S!

Joker007

Allied Chief of Staff

Graphics, sound, and motherboard drivers are all up to date. I went through every visual setting one at a time to see the changes. Results are:

Initially on low res: looking out buildings causes the drunk tree effect (a million trees cloning theirselves). When outside, it looks the same. Just like pic one of post 16, except it occurs no matter whether indoors or outside.

Enabling "normal maps": Inside buildings looking out still has drunk tree effect, however, when outside the world looks normal. Looking through binos is black but fairly normal. Just like second pic of post 16.

Enabling the post render filter: Causes the outside blurry from inside rather than having the drunk tree effect and also causes the scope to have the blue flare. See the pic in post nine looking through the scope.

As for the pics I have of the ground rendering white. I have been unable to recreate that thus far and have not had recent problems with it.

For the record I hate it when they make these one off video cards that haev limited driver support. GRR.

I really can;t look today for more drivers but there is going to be a custom one somewhere that will fix this issue.

DAMN YOU NVIDIA! (and I really rarely say that!)

Alright. Thanks. Hard to believe there could be a problem like this when my old Geforce2 MX even rendered the skies properly back in the day.

You can always download the latest nvidia drivers from nvidia and use the nvidia mobility modder to make your own driver. This can be a good way since the drivers downloadable from manufacturers aren't always that up to date.

http://www.driverheaven.net/nvmodtool.php

I gave it a shot, modified the driver, and installed it. Installation worked fine after doing that. However, it still has the same date on my drivers. Same graphical problem. This is frustrating.

• 2 weeks later...

I had the Same Issue on a new G60 HP I bought, I downloaded new drivers and it fixed the issue

Completely uninstalling the old drivers helps alot