Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Changing sides timer?

viper6

Yesterday during intermisson I spawned in to allied air, flew one sortie or 2 and decided that I would rejoin my squad on the Axis side.. I have never done this before (change sides) so figured it would be sometime before the game would allow me to change once i was on one side for a sortie..

Well to my surprize it said 4min 41 sec delay till i could cross over. Is this right? Is it that quickly because of intermission? Iam really hope that this is not the normal time to jump sides,, If it is its very very wrong in my opinion..here is why..

1. 4 min 21 sec I can jump sides and really mess up any planned operation on the map..IE para for instance usually takes 20 min or more to get everyone onboard, give the orders ect ect and fly time could be another 10 ,15 min,, I could very easy despawn with the info,, log in or use my second account, and jump the operation.

2. dot axis or dot allied info on planned attacks and AO attack placements,, once again in 4 min 21 sec i can spawn in and push a dam atg out to meet the attack..

This is just a couple examples of stuff that is happening in the regular game, people cant figure out how defense or attacks on stuff can occure so quickly,, this is a good reason for it..The time to change sides should be no less than 45 min maybe an hour,, this should be fully explaned in the game rules so everyone understands thus no problem with anyone over it..

Second accout spawn in ..I dont know how you can handle this really effectively,, most other players do not know you have another account or 3 ,, if you tell no one ,, If I were you I think i would investigate this bug or glitch a little more and try and come to a solution that would halt this aspect of the game of switching sides quickly one way or another..

I litterly have had an ei spawn in to attack an fb from the n side of the fb,, I had a pak south side out 1k all alone, never fired my gun and no ea every came by,, He went way out of his way to come directly to my atg and shoot at me,, I watched him all the way, I did not fire at him because there was an et audio over the hill also and i was waiting for it.. Now if he saw me on the map, despawned and respawned in short order thats really wrong, if he had 2 accounts one looks at the map where everyone is, then despawns while his other account is on the other side doing nothing but activates it to that area,,How you going to know unless one watches his or her accounts 24/7? way to many man hours needed to do that.

Thus at least make the switch sides timer lengthy, enough to not effect any operations either side is trying to do would help maybe 50 percent of this gamey aspect of the game..

I hope this is not normal time to switch sides,, Iam hoping its a bug or something ,, thanks for your time and effort ,,IF i can help in anyway please let me know...

No Goph, it was no spawn delay either side when logged into persona selection screen,, saw it again this morning delay to other side was 4 min 31 sec about same as before, before you folks took down the system for restart,, its 11 pm pst now campaign is on again,, I will check it now...thanks. and post in a bit..

Gophur...OK here is the deal now,,,Logged into Axis side they had 47 sec delay going on the persona selection screen,,11:01 pst 5th,, spawned in to a battle axis side,, looked around for about 1 min,,logged out back to the persona selection screen..NO DELAY what so ever to select allied personas ,,logged into british para unit ,NO delay what so ever,,instantly was in the game,, looked around for about 1 min logged out back to the persona selection screen , now there was a 14 min delay to get back to axis side,, 14 min is not enough to change sides I dont believe, like i said in the post maybe it needs to be 30 hard minutes or more. Don't see any problem with that amount of delay (30 min or more) to change sides,, a week maybe a little much..lol no seriously 30 to 40 min maybe, but like i said never did this before so I will continue to test.

On the surface it looks like a floating decimal point problem,, time floats as maybe its planned that way. or its dependent on the spawn delay somehow?/. should be hard minutes fixed to switch sides perhaps..

. thanks for looking into it, maybe not that important as Iam sure you folks have plenty on the plate as is..

will check further...thanks for your time..

My pm is ava if you need further info or data tks

GOPH..logged in to game,, at persona screen axis had a 11 sec delay,,logged into axis side para unit,,stayed `1 min got off the mission went back to persona selection screen,,NO DELAY to allied side instantly logged into british para unit, stayed 1 min went back to persona screen and found that the axis side had a 14 min 3 sec delay to access axis side again,, This was basicly same results as last night,, it is 0930 pst 6th atm,,

Logging into the spawn delay side then getting out and logging into the underpopulated side should still have a delay of somesort,,hard minutes each time same amount of time each time reguarless of spawn delay to other side,, I would guess.. Maybe the no delay is tied to the spawn delay somehow? will try again later in the day, maybe peak population time.. tks..

Tried it again, this time it worked out correctly I believe,,persona selection screen,,axis 41 sec normal spawn delay,, selected axis army,, waited for timer spawed in para unit,, stayed 1 min spawned out back to persona seclection page and sure enough 44 min 41 sec delay to go allied,,seems right,,I tried it later as allied and axis even population no delay, went axis got out looked at persona selection screen and allies had a 44 min 45 sec delay to spawn in.. seemed to work fine..

tried a totally different approach ,,needless to say i could go back and forth without any problem,, will explain in private if you wish,, thanks for your attention,,

Gonna keep this thread until i have time to delve into this. Actually, probably give this one to DOC to run down.

I've seen this as well in the live game. It happened to me when, during lunch one day, I came home and flew a single sortie for the FAF. When I died, I came back to the persona select screen and saw that there was no delay for me to spawn over to the German side. This has happened multiple times, and most of the time it happens it is after I actually spawn into the game world. I've never been able to directly from the Brigade Select or Select Mission screen and immediately hop over to the opposing side.