Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Close range shooting no effect?

khamsin

Have had this problem three times now, each one leading to a sudden, unexpected death.

1. As French rifleman, found an opel hiding in a bush, walk up to the drivers window and fire 4 shots into the driver at a range of about 6 feet. No bullet holes in glass, no apparent effect, and on despawing found my hits had not registered on the opel at all.

2. As Brit rifleman, found an enemy laying on the ground at Breda, range about 10 feet, fired into centre mass, he turns and kills me, hit not registered according to the kill sheet on despawn.

3. Just now at Launois, again as Brit rifleman, found LMG deployed facing the wrong way, fire into centre mass at range of about 8 feet, he undeploys, turns and kills me. Hit not registered according to kill sheet on despawn.

On each occasion I was far enough away that the end of my barrel had not 'clipped' the enemy. Shooting at long range is no problem, they go down just fine. But it seems anything within 10 feet is not registering a hit at all.

Anyone else seeing this?

I had this same problem yesterday.. I was fighting and was behind a berm. Tracked an EI running about 200 meters away. Lost sight of him, then saw him pop out about 25 yards from me sprinting. Had no clue I was there. I then chased him backwards as he went and layed in bush in a ditch (shooting at fellow German players). I ran up to the edge of the ditch and layed about 10 feet from him. Fired, no effect. Fired again, no effect. I think. Well, maybe with 300yd sight settings I am shooting high, so I am a bit low. No effect. I finally get pissed off so I run up to him, shoot him darn near point blank and he finally died. The bad thing is though, I am not even sure if I killed him as to my left was a fellow German with a SMG. I wound up with three kills that sortie, so I am unsure if any of them was that particular EI.