Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

1.29.1 No CTD Fixes?

actrade

I just read GRENI's post concerning the 1.29.1 read me file. Am I correct to assume that the rash of CTD's that is affecting the playerbase has not been addressed? What's even more worrisome is that the readme said that this would be the last 1.29 patch.

Please, before telling me to update drivers, re-install, defrag, etc., etc., know that I've done all that. Also know that between squad and HC chat, I also know that this problem is fairly widespread as players are constantly coming and going after CTD's. For the record, I've never had a CTD problem other than some immediately post-patch issues that many players had that CRS eventually solved. Does this mean that I and many players have to live with CTD's until at least 1.30? Should I open a support ticket and start attaching crashlogs or is that a waste of time if no more 1.29 work is going to be done?

I have no threads discussing CTD's. I have no trends in daily .report logs telling me to look for CTD's and I have had no CTD's in my testing.

Can you describe your issue? I will take a look at it.

One way I always CTD is when I try beating the 10 second despawn timer when spawning from warp msp by pressing Esc fast and early enough. I can do it several times in a row but I eventually get a CTD. Happened to me too many times to be just a coincidence.

Gophur,

In the span of maybe 2 hours, I saw 5-10 HC members log back in after a CTD. I'm asked them all to post their issue here so you realize this is a widespread problem. Also, squaddies are having same issue. Could use post a sticky about CTD's so we can start getting some info on this?

I agree with you actrade. You only have to look at the "COMMUNITY SUPPORT (WINDOWS)" forum section, and look at the threads from the begining of December alone, and you will see numerous threads about CTD's and CTHL's. I think allot of people dont support ticket it, as they dont want to go through a long process of tests, just to be told it's their PC system thats at fault. I am able to play the game randomly myself, with constant CTD's etc mixed in. and proabbley like allot of players again, i am just playing the game when it allows me to. But now i am fed up, and Iam re-installing the game now as a last resort. then we will see.

I agree with you actrade. You only have to look at the "COMMUNITY SUPPORT (WINDOWS)" forum section' date=' and look at the threads from the begining of December alone, and you will see numerous threads about CTD's and CTHL's. I think allot of people dont support ticket it, as they dont want to go through a long process of tests, just to be told it's their PC system thats at fault. I am able to play the game randomly myself, with constant CTD's etc mixed in. and proabbley like allot of players again, i am just playing the game when it allows me to. But now i am fed up, and Iam re-installing the game now as a last resort. then we will see.[/quote']

I hear you on that being told there is something wrong with your computer thing. I've actually seen people mess up their computer by following some phone in tech support that has them make all kinds of changes. The simple fact is this: there are MANY players out there who had zero problems pre-1.29 that have a lot of CTD/CTHL issues now. Either we are to believe that all of our computeres went on the fritz at the same time, or something in the re-written code of 1.29, which according to the Rats had many structural changes, is not agreeing with a great many systems. One would only need monitor HC chat for a few hours to see how many players there are logging in constantly after a crash of some sort. I was hoping for a sticky thread where players could post crash logs.

Hi , well i did a total fresh re-install of 1.29.1 , getting rid of all the BE/playgate files on my PC. And I was playing the game fine without CTD's etc. But today i see there is now 1.29.3, and i downloaded the patch via launching the game, played for about 20 minutes in a 110 then when i RTB'd and landed....guess what ? you guessed it! I CTHL'd after my wheels hit the field.

lol, everytime there is a patch update, the update never takes correctly for some reason, so everytime there is an update, it seems I have to do a new full re-install of the, new version. Oh well, off to download 1.29.3 *sigh*.

I reported this problem 2 weeks ago and my post went away. But I am having the CTD issue on both my game Machines (P.C. and Mac). I noticed last night that it would mostly freeze up when using the map. When flying it completely freezes on the Mac requiring a hard restart. It's not a random problem. So much for the Holiday killing spree I planned!!!

*bump*

If I press esc after dying and despawn quickly I get a CTD.

It's pretty annoying since I tend to forget about this in my rush to despawn.

Doesn't matter if it's near an msp warp or whatever though...