Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Keymapper for Tanks is always FUBARED

angriff

I mean it I cannot for the life of me correct this. The brakes are messed up the turret is mapped to the mouse and you cannot take it out.

I tried editting it in the cmfl .. and then I try to edit online.. Sometimes once I make it ok it works till the next time I log.. Other times I cannot get it to work at all.

A game this mature should not have this kind of problem. I am not the only one with this problem as others say they have similar problems. I have given up taking out tanks anymore since it takes me 15 min to get everything remapped.

Need to look at the default routine because it is over-writing the saved files.

I can never drive a tank the first time I spawn one. I always have to go to keymapper, choose the tank-configuration and select "With joystick" and press "save" without changing ANY setting and then it works. Odd. Buggy.

I can never drive a tank the first time I spawn one. I always have to go to keymapper, choose the tank-configuration and select "With joystick" and press "save" without changing ANY setting and then it works. Odd. Buggy.
Same for me since last patch, although I can just "save changes" without touching anything at all

That keymapper trick does not fix the brakes being on and weird. If i push my joystick foward one brake is on the other is not so I spin.

You know I did not have this problem prior patch.

Same here... but for me the joystick doesnt work on the tank either.

But I do have a keymap with arrows for slow turret movement in the code.

It's like the modified keymapper code isnt loaded until you save at least once.

Ok what I had to do was reset all my keymapper setting for tanks and ATGs to default and then do this then it works if you spawn in, select keymapper, select joystick at bottom right and press save. Then it works but alot of work when you hear enemy tanks or footsteps near you at spawn in.