Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

CTDT error #10057: v1.30 OPEN BETA

rmorti

Happens with TS and TS overlay BETA on. FPS begins to drop from 61 to 40 or less and then ctdt. Didnt happen prior to latest patch. Now happens all the time.

Just happened again after driving a tank for 20 minutes. Same error #10057. I had 61 FPS and the game freezes for no apparent reason and ctdt. This did not happen prior to the latest patch. I've verified that I turned off the firewall on both windows XP PRO, my nvidia software, and the US Robotics router.

Again, with no software changes, hardware changes, etc; since the latest patch this is happening a lot. Ideas?

Update - I think I may have fixed this. A new Nvdia 9 series driver came out and after I installed it the freezing/ctdt stopped.

It's back again, worse than before and happens frequently in vehicles (opels, planes, tanks), not so frequently with inf. I thought perhaps it was TS causing a problem, so I turned off TS and ran the game again. I lasted about 12 minutes in an opel and then got the same error code. I just don't know what is causing the error.

Nvdia firewall disabled.

Router firewall disabled.

Anti virus disabled.

Makes no difference.

I enabled netcode2 to see ping and packet loss data last night. Ping averaged about 190. When I first spawn in there is no report of packet loss. Once I start an engine or begin to move (inf) packet loss jumps up to 45%. In vehicles, packet loss increases at a faster rate. I am at a loss as to the root cause for this packet loss. I used to be able to login and play for hours without CTDT prior to 1.29. I have not changed any hardware or made software configuration changes.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
What CPU are you running morti?

Sorry, hadn't been checking on update.

Alienware

intel core 2 x6800 @2.93ghz

2gb RAM

Microsoft XP PRO

2X GeForce 7950 GT video cards in SLI 512mb per card

Some days I can play for hours without an error at 60fps. Other days I can't move 5 feet in game without CTHL to CTDT. I've deleted the game and am downloading again.

Fresh game install does nothing. ONLY THIS GAME is an issue for my ISP, router, etc. My wife can play EQ2 all night without a problem. I'm getting a bit fed up now and tired of being told the problem is on my end.

Ran a check for packet loss using ping plotter to 66.28.6.226 (this crs server at congentco.com ?). Packet loss normally occurs on hops:

#10 at 154.54.24.141 te4-3.mpd01.sjc04.atlas.congentco.com

#15 at 66.28.4.202 te8-3.mpd03.jfk02.atlas.cogentco.com

Have to make 9 hops in congentco alone to get to destination IP.

Yup, cogentco is our (one of our) ISPs.

This sounds like a network error between our ISP and yours. Let me see who I can show this to.

Have you:

a- Tried changing your "Visible Player Limit"? This setting changes the rate, size and number of packets sent to you.

b- Tried manually selecting one of the two network routes you can choose from in-game? The Primary Network is Cogent, the Secondary is Savvis. The auto-detect system checks for lowest ping and not "best stable connection", hence the option to manually select.

c- Run Spybot or PCTools to make sure you don't have an undetected Antivirus '09 infection (it is quite able to get past Norton, McAffee, ESET and most other Antivirus tools)

d- Tried leaving your system on and running overnight to allow applications from Adobe, Sun, Macromedia and Apple to get their auto-updates out of the way? These products seem to think a box running our game isn't needing its internet connection and kick in while you are playing, only to choke themselves and the game and then exit so that by the time you CTHL they're gone.

Have you:

a- Tried changing your "Visible Player Limit"? This setting changes the rate, size and number of packets sent to you.

b- Tried manually selecting one of the two network routes you can choose from in-game? The Primary Network is Cogent, the Secondary is Savvis. The auto-detect system checks for lowest ping and not "best stable connection", hence the option to manually select.

c- Run Spybot or PCTools to make sure you don't have an undetected Antivirus '09 infection (it is quite able to get past Norton, McAffee, ESET and most other Antivirus tools)

d- Tried leaving your system on and running overnight to allow applications from Adobe, Sun, Macromedia and Apple to get their auto-updates out of the way? These products seem to think a box running our game isn't needing its internet connection and kick in while you are playing, only to choke themselves and the game and then exit so that by the time you CTHL they're gone.

a) I really don't want to lower my limit unless it is the only option. B) I will try this and let you know the results. C) yes spybot, UNIBLUE spy eraser, UNIBLUE registry cleaner, and a couple of manual in depth anti virus scans a week. d) Yes I do this often.

The CTHL issue doesn't happen all the time. There are days when I can run this game for hours with my current game settings and never get a CTHL.

Then there are days, like just now, when all I get is CTHL. Yet the standard response always sounds like "something is wrong with your computer". Sorry, but I just don't buy this line of reasoning, it's not logical. I'm not saying that it has to be your end either, it could be somewhere in between. But, let me add that these CTHL's were not a frequent occurance for me until 1.29 came out, as with all the other issues complained about like the white out map and the keymapping bug with joysticks/throttles/pedals).

here are the checknetv5 results:

== Test Started @ Fri Feb 27 09:23:09 2009 UTC ==

Test 1: Auth Pri -OK- 265ms

Test 2: Main Pri -OK- 234ms

Test 3: Main Alt -OK- 234ms

Test 4: Main PingPri -OK- 219ms

Test 5: Main PingAlt -OK- 203ms

Test 6: Main Chat -OK- 234ms

Test 7: Event Pri -OK- 187ms

Test 8: Event Alt -OK- 203ms

Connection tests completed OK.

The numbers are not consistent. Here is another test run just a bit later:

=== Test Started @ Fri Feb 27 09:25:55 2009 UTC ===

Test 1: Auth Pri -OK- 188ms

Test 2: Main Pri -OK- 218ms

Test 3: Main Alt -OK- 188ms

Test 4: Main PingPri -OK- 187ms

Test 6: Main Chat -OK- 219ms

Test 7: Event Pri -OK- 203ms

Test 8: Event Alt -OK- 3187ms

I set player visibility limit to medium, set to the alternate login server and spawned in an opel. Started it, drove out the cp, turned a corner, clicked on map, clicked off map and wham CTHL.

Here's a final set of checknetv5 tests:

=== Test Started @ Fri Feb 27 09:37:05 2009 UTC ===

Test 1: Auth Pri -OK- 203ms

Test 2: Main Pri -OK- 203ms

Test 3: Main Alt -OK- 203ms

Test 4: Main PingPri -OK- 188ms

Test 6: Main Chat -OK- 204ms

Test 7: Event Pri -OK- 219ms

Test 8: Event Alt -OK- 203ms

=== Test Started @ Fri Feb 27 09:39:10 2009 UTC ===

Test 1: Auth Pri -OK- 203ms

Test 2: Main Pri -OK- 3110ms

Test 3: Main Alt -OK- 203ms

Test 4: Main PingPri -OK- 188ms

Test 6: Main Chat -OK- 234ms

Test 7: Event Pri -OK- 203ms

Test 8: Event Alt -OK- 204ms

I'm frustrated to the point that I've seriously considered unsubbing. Obviously, this is not the desireable outcome as regretfully there's really no alternate game like this out there. Nothing like healthy competition to drive a product to better quality I always say. But I'm not really able to play at a level where I'm confident that my opel, tank, DD, plane, etc is not going to just vanish right in the middle of something. I swear the problem is somehow connected to the map but this may be sheer coincidence since I have to open the map to set the steering on tanks, just a gut feel.

• 1 month later...

Just so you know you arent the only one, I have the exact same problem with error. Some days I can play without a hitch, other times it's very frequent ( i suspect something to do with vehicles though, I have stopped driving them altogether and thats stabalized things a small bit). I am hoping this gets resolved, didnt start happening until 1.29 came out.

without encountering this problem before, suddenly I cant stay connected 10mins before a cthl 10057

=== Test Started @ Wed Apr 08 01:41:22 2009

UTC ===

Test 1: Auth Pri -OK- 42ms

Test 2: Main Pri -OK- 3033ms

Test 3: Main Alt -OK- 80ms

Test 4: Main PingPri -OK- 45ms

Test 5: Main PingAlt -OK- 79ms

Test 6: Main Chat -OK- 42ms

Test 7: Event Pri -OK- 44ms

Test 8: Event Alt -OK- 80ms

this is one I caught this evening.

using vista64 8400 8ghz ram 8800 gf

onboard nvidia net with cable on a 10mghz connection

it might be unrelated but I found that PlayGate.exe did not show up on my permissable programs list and yet I was able to play with the firewall up or down. I changed the settings so its now recognized as an exclusion.

I had no cthls after I did this but time will tell if was just a fluke. the weekends are the real test.

Will ask you to refer all similar issues in v1.30 OPEN BETA test to this thread. Thanks guys.

Test 2: Main Pri -OK- 3033ms

I'm really wondering if your network connections spotty at times. unlike EQ2 our server is pretty strict about maintaining a connection in the PVP environment.

I don't really know what test to take but I'm pretty certain it has nothing to do with your rig itself.

Who's your ISP?

http://www.dslreports.com/reviews