Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Strange anomoly regarding sprinting

Sydney

I have been able to replicate this three times, but not sure exactly what the trigger is. I'll spell it out.

Sapper unit

Cross country running with knife out in low possition.

Stop to bring up Binos.

Press W, which drops the Binos and raises the gun.

sprint doesnt function. (full stamina)

The fix has required me to come to full stop, change weapons then change again and were good.

I dont have any problem with this....just simply reporting it.

Thought this was also only something wierd of my PC or keyboard. Randomly (have never bothered to try to replicate it) I will try to sprit but although my stamina should allow it I can not.

Then, after a while doing something else it works again

I should have been more carefull how I worded that part. It has happened to me a few times. I havnt attempted to replicate it. I just noticed that I was doing the same thing in the same manner each time it happened. Tonight I will try to "replicate" it.

I think there is something else going on here.

- crouch

- sprint until you can no longer sprint

- wait 5 seconds

- notice ATP has regenerated some

- try to sprint but can;t

- keep trying as your stamina returns

- eventually you will start sprinting again

What I think is happening is that there is minimum amount of stamina you must have before you can sprint though you can sprint past this amount.

I'll check it with Ramp.

Wow I'm so glad I spotted this thread... I've only started playing again in the last few days and I have this issue a few times every time I play.

Certainly a problem since the last patch.

It's so frustrating.. I feel like an idiot though as I even went out and bought new batteries for my wireless keyboard just in case it was that.

Same symptoms... loads of stamina, hold shift to sprint and nothing happens... press harder nothing happens... suddenly it kicks in... really makes you feel like you have a faulty keyboard.

Got me killed yesterday too!... well, 2 seconds earlier than I would have anyway.

Stop to bring up Binos.

Press W, which drops the Binos and raises the gun.

sprint doesnt function. (full stamina)

That was introduced in 1.29, it's to do with switching from binos to another weapon. You have to wait until the new weapon appears in front of you before you can sprint. If you try to sprint too quickly, you just jog. It may be related to the fix to the other bug that allowed you to move with binos selected.

It happens if you bring up binocs while your weapon is lowered. The game thinks your binocs are still up which is why you can't sprint or change weapons. Press fire or go prone to fix it. Originally your binocs would also stay up while moving and your view would be magnified. This bug was "fixed" in 1.29.1