Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Sherman impenetrable

ronis

I got Pak 40 and stood perpendicular to shemans turret about 200m away, and shot from about to his turret, of course nothing happened, sherman just started to turn turret to my side, i made about 5-6 maybe 7 more shots all hit turret, but he still was alive and eventually killed me. I made reaserach, and i found out, that nor usually sherman`s turret nor sherman`s 76 turret can`t withstand pak 40 shot (weakest ammo) till 500m. And please don`t erease this thread.

Here are Pak 40 penetration table:http://www.panzerworld.net/75l48.html

Sheman don`t have more than 90mm armor at any place on turret.

Replicate it on the training server, video it and send it to the RATS. You are correct, that shouldn't happen, however over the net some wierd things occasionly do happen.

If it can't be replicated then nothing can be done.

Replicate it on the training server, video it and send it to the RATS. You are correct, that shouldn't happen, however over the net some wierd things occasionly do happen.

If it can't be replicated then nothing can be done.

Sorry, but i`m not paying for this game to be a tester, it`s not my job.

Sorry' date=' but i`m not paying for this game to be a tester, it`s not my job.[/quote']

Then your first post is irrelevant, and you don't know how to use the ATG you were using. There is no reason whatsoever to believe you. You probably just don't know what you are doing. No one else has complained about this, so it is clearly your misuse of the weapon.

If all that sounds wrong, that's the reason people say to go to the training server, set up a CONTROLLED demonstration, and prove it.

I reported a bug recently, then went to the offline server and set up a controlled experiment, took several screenshots to illustrate exactly the bug, and came to the conclusion that I was wrong. There was no bug. I had a perception problem.

So go to the training server, and prove it.

Because if no one else has reported this, odds are it isn't what you think.

Or maybe it is, but no one else has been in that situation.

But you see that it`s not my job for searching or even p[roving something, i rather just quit play this game, not doing testers job...

But you see that it`s not my job for searching or even p[roving something' date= i rather just quit play this game, not doing testers job...

Well you kind of do need to prove it, you would be surprised at the amount of people that claim this kind of thing almost daily. As the team is small they cant really spend the time looking for something that is more opinion than fact.

But you see that it`s not my job for searching or even p[roving something' date= i rather just quit play this game, not doing testers job...

Your other option might be to find someone that has experance with ATG and see if you can learn something from them.

This is not an easy game. Just because you hit the turret does not mean you penatrated it or if you did, hit anything inside the turret.

Take some time to learn the right way to use the weapon or start driving Shermans and see how impenatrable they are.

Your other option might be to find someone that has experance with ATG and see if you can learn something from them.

This is not an easy game. Just because you hit the turret does not mean you penatrated it or if you did, hit anything inside the turret.

Take some time to learn the right way to use the weapon or start driving Shermans and see how impenatrable they are.

1. Sherman turret is small, if i would shoot once, you could said that somehow round go through and didn`t hit anything, but i hit it`s turret multiple times.

2. You haven`t seen me shooting, so you don`t know how well/ bad i shoot with ATG.

3. I didn`t shoot at turrets top or bootom, i shoot at midle.

4. In that situation sherman wasn`t driving, wasn`t in different altitude as me or something else. He was just standing like 200m in front of me and i couldn`t hit his hull, because landshape bumps were covering his hull, my only option was to hit his turret.

5. If Shermans turret isn`t ment to be penetrated in this game, so tell so, and i won`t have anymore complaints or questions.

1. Sherman turret is small, if i would shoot once, you could said that somehow round go through and didn`t hit anything, but i hit it`s turret multiple times.

2. You haven`t seen me shooting, so you don`t know how well/ bad i shoot with ATG.

4. In that situation sherman wasn`t driving, wasn`t in different altitude as me or something else. He was just standing like 200m in front of me and i couldn`t hit his hull, because landshape bumps were covering his hull, my only option was to hit his turret.

5. If Shermans turret isn`t ment to be penetrated in this game, so tell so, and i won`t have anymore complaints or questions.

Ronis,

I have been playing this game for 5 years and my favorite weapon is the ATG. I am only trying to provide some advice here.

Things are not always as they seem. This game is based on physics. I know that a PAK 40 will penatrate a sherman turret at 200m. I have died many times to pak 40s in a sherm.

The PAK 40 shots a AP round. It has no explosive power after penatration. If the round does not hit the gunner after penatration then the gunner will still be able to kill you. The gunner sits on the lefthand side or the turret, were you shooting at the right side?

This is the most realistic and accurate game there is when it comes to armor and penatration, there is none better. The Sherman turret is not impenatratable.

This kind of thing does happen to everyone the game model may have rare freak lapse caused by network issues but pretty much all the time it will work as intended.

Knowledge of the target is seriously under-estimated in this game and usually ends up spouting bias calls etc.

If you can recreate it then CRS would probably be glad to take a look but let's face it you were most likely doing it wrong.

I can and do test these things. When I have reason to believe there is something broken or even when not.

Unable to replicate.

Sometimes LUCK is all on the other side.

You just don't notice when a Sherman machine guns your Pak40, fires an HE round and *hits you in the face*.... then you quietly plant your ATG and fire a round destroying the Sherman.

You can think of this issue in both ways.

You don't have to test, its just that anyone asserting a 200m turret shot - multiple times - PROPERLY DONE - failing to kill the Sherman...???

Well - extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

No one wants to do 5 hours of work to learn that you misunderstood. (heck - you aren't even willing to try to do this).

LIKELY ANSWER: Your rounds were fully or partially hitting a tree or berm. The collider portion of these is slightly different from the graphics you see displayed.

Good luck.

S!

Joker007

Allied Chief of Staff

the rats dont have any employed testers fyi.But how many games provide the feedback your getting here.If you dont have the time to go test on the trainning server then imo u dont have the right to complain.Personally if i found and proved it on the trainning server i'd be pretty chuffed to find a defect.