Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

FB Bugs

pgmark

Just was at Oost-Turn fb, placed 4 charged myself on inf tents and watched another guy place 4 charges... inf read at 87%.... ok.. then another guy I watched put on 4 more charges... inf read at 87%... ok now im dead. Respawn and watch another charge go on inf at fb... total now 13... inf at 87%.. hmmmmm... then after fb repair a bit .. veh now at 98%... another guy puts 1 charge on inf tent and its at 98%.... he dies... now another guy puts 1 on inf and 1 on veh fb finally down. Come on now this is ridiculus!!!

I've seen this many times since that last patch and just wondering what has changed? This was the worst fb bug I've seen yet and normally it's only the inf or veh needed 1 more from what the game was before the patch.

Something has definitely changed with FB's.......

Sorry I did not see this other thread...

Doc can you explain your quote? There is definitely something different with fbs... I promise I'm not lying.

As Gophur stated sometimes you can place a satchel (or several) such that you do not do the maximum potential damage ... thus you may need "an extra one" and no, we cannot adjust this other than changing the threshold to need less (or more) satchels, we cannot control placement only what damage is done when placement is "perfect".

The modeling parameters are such that there is a threshold on the object and there is a joules delivered by the ordnance elelment, but while the damage threshold is fixed the joules delivered is variable (not fixed, and cannot be fixed) because placement can vary that delivery of joules, from a potential maximum downwards to a lower figure.

Think of it like an AT round, at it's maximum it can deliver XXXXX joules to what it hits. Vary the impact angle or velocity away from it's ideal maximum, and it delivers less. We cannot ensure that you always deliver the maximum available since your placement of the ordnance causes the variation.

Don't treat the "number of satchels required" as a fixed automatic things, deal with it as it occurs and understand that variation of ordnance damage at delivery is a feature of the simulation, all ammunition simulators will if they are simulating variables ... not always do the same thing as what they are simulating is not always the same.

A "hit point game" can do what you expect (always the same) but a simulator cannot, as it is the variables that are being simulated that cause the differances to occur.

• 2 weeks later...

While I understand the explanation, I still find it rather curious. I spend loads of time busting FBs, working alone, so I know exactly how many charges are placed. I have busted dozens if not hundreds of FBs. I have never needed anything except 4 + 4 to take down the infantry spawn, except 2 days ago when I had to place a 2nd charge twice in the space of 2 hours. That, statistically, seems a little odd.

There is no set pattern to where I place the charges - tents, sandbag walls, boxes, oil drums - vertical or horizontal - it never makes any difference.

placement can vary that delivery of joules
How? If a charge delivers say 1,000 joules, but placement reduces it 900 joules, where did the other 100 joules go? The only thing the charge is attached to is the FB. And experience shows that charges placed anywhere and at any orientation will 99% of the time deliver their full energy to the FB. What is the rare case that diverts a proportion of the energy elsewhere?
Think of it like an AT round, at it's maximum it can deliver XXXXX joules to what it hits. Vary the impact angle or velocity away from it's ideal maximum, and it delivers less
Understood... but a satchel is not like an AT round in this respect. It attaches flat to its target and should therefore deliver all its energy to that object. How can the attachement of a satchel not be ideal? Surely it is attached or not?
variation of ordnance damage at delivery is a feature of the simulation
Are you saying that the damage in joules delivered by a satchel can vary? So that even a perfectly placed satchel has a random element in the joules it delivers?

Please understand I am not arguing this to be cussed. Its from a genuine "professional pride" in FB busting and a desire to understand the mechanics of the situation. I am NOT asking for an explanation of the coding or the mathematics - I am doing what a real soldier would do in this situation - trying to undesratnd what has gone wrong in a rare number of cases so that the problem can be avoided.

The mystery deepens. I have just had the problem for the first time ever on a vehicle spawn. I always sap these exactly the same way - 2 charges on the floor in the middle of the spawn, then a further 2. Now, if the argument is that the placing of the charge can vary, I can sort of understand that with an infantry spawn (although I still question what the energy of the charge can be hitting if not the FB). But on the floor of a vehicle spawn? How can there be any variation for a charge lying on a flat floor? All the energy of the charge can only hit the vehicle spawn floor.

I recorded the details of this one in case it is useful. 4 charges placed, 75% damage to vehicle spawn. Avegem > Roubaix Axis FB, 2/2/2009 10:21 game time.

Any thoughts on this Rats?