Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Bug report: Trees/bushes not rendering

nobipure

Had this happen yesterday in the vicinity of LaCapelle-Vervins. The background is: I had been playing about an hour or so, adn went AFK to walk the dog. Came back to game after 45 mins, changed missions/brigade and spawned an M-10 into the LaCapelle-Vervins FB and took off towards town. I'm not familiar with this area of the map and remember being suprised by the lack of foliage in the area. Died to a Tiger after fighting with a IVg. Respawned and headed off to the same area and died to a 88 after fighting with a StugG. Well I had a despawn CTD so I reloaded the game and spawned a panny from the same place and headed off towards the area to find the 88. Well now, after reloading the game, the exact same area is a lush tree-filled area like most of the countryside in wwiiol.

Makes sense now that I remember killing the IVg and Stug was really easy, they probably couldn't see me! This got me to thinking about how many times I've been killed from 2k by ATG's, ET's etc through a forest! Not sure how often this has been reported, but if this bug is exploited I can't imagine how unbalancing it is.

Thanks

If it is a bug that has become an exploit I am not sure we are allowed to discuss it. All I can say is that I had the experience once a long time ago with a 25mm AAA gun... with the gunners optics at highest magnification, a whole area of vegetation about 1000m away vanished, leaving an Opel and a bunch of EI very exposed. I killed a few, felt guilty, logged out and reported it in the bug forum.

I never heard any more about it, but like you I have often suspected that some people may be able to replicate it.

Roger that, no idea if it is repeatable or anything but it is a potentially bad bug, and this was the first time I have heard of or experiencesd such a thing in my 10 months of wwiiol. Just thought CRS should know about it, and I'll send my system specs if needed to help troubleshoot.

S!

It is indeed a bug, one i've not suffered from, so good job for reporting it, hope the rats can replicate and find a fix.

We can try but these are usually really odd bugs that lie deep in the code. Especially if they are one offs. Just for S&G's what is you vid card and driver?

If you say ATl and out-of-date I win a pony.