Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Silent rifles

duncarin

On two occasions now I've been killed by silent rifles. Their silence had no bearing on the outcome of the skirmish as the ei had got in behind me and I had no chance, but it's still a bit disturbing.

Both times, I was spawned in as an atg, 17lber and M5 respectfully and rifles being that of a sniper and a grenadier. Both times, the ei was close enough that I could hear their footsteps and but their rifle fire was silent apart from the plinking of the bullet striking the gun shield. Both times, we were far from town, 1 to 2 km, not much other noise going on and I have no other noticeable audio problems.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll send this report to Martini. There may be an issue with prioritizing sounds. It is supposed to send shots to the top of the list, especially if they hit you.