Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Font Corruption: v1.30 OPEN BETA

leparc

I get it all the time with 2 accounts. It is usually 1 account ok and one with missing letters. But not always. Sometimes both are ok until i alt tab few times, some time its both accounts. Once i got it (but only once) when running 1 account only.

Do you have any additional languages, (or keyboard layouts) installed? Is it always the same letters? (cause for me it varies)

The only fix I can think of is to make sure your video driver is up to date.

Are the letters missing entirely, or replaced by spaces or other characters?

I have been getting that on occasion since 1.29. But as somebody said - if you reboot the game it seems to clear itself up. Wonder if its a cache issue?

Sometimes the game starts up fine but there is no character to choose from and sometimes the greeting screen misses alot of letters. Again, rebooting corrects that problem

I've heard Windoows XP is not supposed to be on all the time - sould reboot it occasionally - and I rarely reboot the computer - maybe that could have some effect too.

I get it all the time with 2 accounts. It is usually 1 account ok and one with missing letters. But not always. Sometimes both are ok until i alt tab few times, some time its both accounts. Once i got it (but only once) when running 1 account only.

Do you have any additional languages, (or keyboard layouts) installed? Is it always the same letters? (cause for me it varies)

Same.

Doesn't seem driver related (so updating graphics drivers won't fix it).

I've only had it in the map window and can't tell what stuff it doesn't like. But sometimes I get a player name or brigade name full of little squares.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok that is weird. That is a font corruption issue no doubt about it. I could guess all day long about it but...

1.30 has an all new font engine and an all new font SO...

Please return to test this when 1.30 goes into open test in the next few weeks.

• 4 weeks later...
Hmm. Just out of curiosity. Are you' date=' people who get this, running an ATI card?[/quote']

I had an ATI, got that problem often in 1.29. Didn't get it once with NViDia since a month. Never ran 2 accounts.

Köln and Düsseldorf are messed up..

Köln is K for short

and

Düsseldorf is just D...

I guess the chat engine coughs at ü and ö and just skips to next word :)

Some player names on map (when hovering the mouse over the map icon) have a weird box character, like it's missing a character... 1-3 missing characters so far I've seen.. will try to take a scr shot if I see it...

• 2 weeks later...

Keeping this thread for v1.30 OPEN BETA test, since we have a new font system in the new release. Post your issues here. Thanks guys. Don't forget that your monitor resolution may change when you update/reboot and driver changes can cause issues.

Still possible to get corrupted font when running 2 accounts. Alt tabbing between them whilst loading the game results in corrupted font almost everytime for me.

The question still is: Is this another exclusively ATI issue or do people with Nvidias get it as well?

sshot5l.jpg

Good question. Can you write a step by step on how you are running two accounts and I'll test it out.