Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

1.30.0.16 odd FPS drop

MWHITMAN

Doc, let's schedule some in house testing on this LOD issue. If they can nail a building to look at we can spawn it offline at zero zero and walk about it and see if we can replicate.

So who can nominate which building is the culprit? If we have to test every single one of them this is going to take a long time. I don't think we have a long time. Any vounteers that already have a reasonably sure suspect ?

So who can nominate which building is the culprit? If we have to test every single one of them this is going to take a long time. I don't think we have a long time. Any vounteers that already have a reasonably sure suspect ?

My FPS didn't drop when I got into any building yet.

Ok after rereading this whole thread I want to say that there is great reporting going on. Thanks. That said, what you are reporting makes perfect sense for the most part and does not show me that there is an issue. There MAY be an issue with a building and the LOD's. I'll have to create a ticket to have all LOD's checked.

There aren't very many new buildings in .30 (compared to .31 WHOAH) so Granik is going to check all the LOD states and make syure they are LODing at the correct distance and that no collide states or other art are left on.

Now, given that, what you are reporting seems generally correct.

• looking in a particular direction lowers framerates - Yes. More buildings in one direction mean lower frames. We load and draw for a LOOOONG way. Even if you don't think you can see a building it has to be rendered for the ballistics systrem. We draw more than you see.
  • 130 has lower framerates in some places - Yes. New buildings and more buildings will do that.
  • I dunno - Me neither. Soetimes things just don;t make sense, especially apple to oranges.

Oh and OldZ. Fix this .. "win xp pro sp2"