Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Mac Issues

GOPHUR

I have only had a few minutes to test it offline, and I wont be able to test it much more for a while.

Half the bug has been fixed. The response is back to what it should be. It no longer takes 50 swipes of the mouse to do a 360. But, the mouse still jitters. Turning with 60-100 FPS feels like it's really 15 FPS, but of course when you stop turning everything else that moves through the view does so very fluidly. At 30 FPS it is still really ugly. Like I said though at high FPS since the response if fixed it is more playable.

With the beta I've finally seen this bug and boy is it unplayable. FPS is down offline as well (33fps) but moving left and right with the mouse is horrible, like it sticks every few degrees of movement then catches up. This did not happen to me in 1.29.

lol.It is exactly the same as it was before so it has not gotten worse. This just makes it really weird that you didn't get it with 1.29 yet I and a couple others did. And since my G5 is very similar to yours it's not because G5s were immune until now. I'd say they should call up apple and ask them if they have made any changes to mouse drivers in the past couple months.

Probably because I ran out of a source code version.

Check this: go to the Console app and look at ALL MESSAGES. Is it filled with this:

4/10/09 4:47:59 PM [0x0-0xbbdbbd].com.playnet.ww2ol-beta[23316] Fri Apr 10 16:47:59 dualie World War ][ Online[23316] : Failed to create window context device

4/10/09 4:47:59 PM [0x0-0xbbdbbd].com.playnet.ww2ol-beta[23316] Fri Apr 10 16:47:59 dualie World War ][ Online[23316] : CGWindowContextCreate: failed to create context delegate.

and similar crap?

I noticed in Activity viewer that data written/sec was 600K, all log messages (these come from the windowserver actually).

I had assumed this was Safari 4.0 beta messing up the web display in the launcher app, so I turned that off.

Can anyone verify the log message extravaganza?

I had fixed it in my source version by turning off the web display in the launcher. If course this could be just my dev box.

The only thing I found was this:

10/04/09 5:50:24 PM [0x0-0x1c01c].com.playnet.ww2ol-beta[146] WW2OL Started

10/04/09 5:51:04 PM [0x0-0x1c01c].com.playnet.ww2ol-beta[146] Warning: cannot find texture file [vehicles/decals/personal/10.dds]

Seems to only happen once when I start it each time.

That's normal.

My problem appears to be related to safari 4 beta, as I thought - the web view in launcher uses safari, and certain plugins cause trouble with it (Growl for 1). Maybe this is different... but its nasty as my log files grow by megabytes per second.

Probably because I ran out of a source code version.

Check this: go to the Console app and look at ALL MESSAGES. Is it filled with this:

4/10/09 4:47:59 PM [0x0-0xbbdbbd].com.playnet.ww2ol-beta[23316] Fri Apr 10 16:47:59 dualie World War ][ Online[23316] : Failed to create window context device

4/10/09 4:47:59 PM [0x0-0xbbdbbd].com.playnet.ww2ol-beta[23316] Fri Apr 10 16:47:59 dualie World War ][ Online[23316] : CGWindowContextCreate: failed to create context delegate.

and similar crap?

Neg, I got the same messages as abidubi. The decal message was written when spawning as the rifleman avatar.

config: 2x2 G5, 10.5.6, safari 4 installed, growl installed

Just a small update. I tried disabling 3 CPUs and hyper-threading to see if that would be related to the problem... but no change.

Infantry is still playable (now that the sensitivity bug was fixed) so long as the FPS don't get down to the 30s. Up at 70 it's ugly but bearable. At 30 it is very difficult to aim where you want, and you miss your mark when turning a lot.

No problem on the PC version. Since I used the same copy of wwiiol that I used 4 months ago during the welcome back soldier promotion, I don't think it had anything to do with changed in wwiiol. I really think it is a driver or software change that apple made. No other programs at all do this. wwiiol is the only game affect. I think there is so legacy code with respect to mouse controls. Something that was just slapped together quickly 10 years ago and was never changed because "it works", and windows is probably much more tolerant.

:( know when this will be fixed? I have the day off from work today, its raining outside, so was going to play for a few hours today in beta but cant log in.. If not update today unfortunetly I wont be able to play in beta (probably) at all since my airshow season starts next weekend..

edit: n/m.. saw ahwulf's msg in the mac forum saying no new client till thursday.. oh well.. will wait for release to mess with it..

I guess I shouldn't feel so bad for not being able to test the 1.30 beta, as it seems people still can't get online. :(

EDIT:

Oh, and my "fix" for the mouse problem in 1.29 has been to not play infantry *at all*. It kinda stinks, especially when spawning infantry could potentially save a town (first response stuff), but I've been flying and tanking a lot more, which is always fun.

Funny how a bug that could potentially cripple the game instead makes only one segment of it (albeit a very large and fun segment) unplayable, while the rest is fine and still fun as hell. The depth of this game is just awesome like that. :)

My problem appears to be related to safari 4 beta' date=' as I thought - the web view in launcher uses safari, and certain plugins cause trouble with it (Growl for 1).[/quote']

I have safari 4 beta installed, as well as growl (v1.1.4), and not showing your symptoms.

s!

TO be specific, Oliver has to figure out what changes need to be made to the mac client to support his new server port stuff. Until that's done there is no point in a new mac beta.

i read in gophurs post about 1.30.18 that mac clients should be able to login. I cannot login though...

i read in gophurs post about 1.30.18 that mac clients should be able to login. I cannot login though...

Actually, he said...

- Added 1.30.0.17 to the list of Mac client's on Auth - Mac users should now be able to log into the game.

But, yes, I cannot login, as well, using 1.30.18. maybe GOPHUR needs to double check the authorization table.

Actually, he said...

But, yes, I cannot login, as well, using 1.30.18. maybe GOPHUR needs to double check the authorization table.

I just read on another source that .18 for Mac is STILL broken.

Have to wait for .19 :(

Why even release a Mac port?

The current patch crashes due to at least 2 bugs that give you a CTD

after about an hour of play (more frequently if population is high and/or

you are foolish enough to pull up a map).

So, we not going to be able to debug this patch either and have a bug-filled

release for the next 9-12 months?

Mac ppl are waiting to help you debug your product, for free; this force multiplier

of volunteers sits unused because no test release (still) for Mac.