Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

1.30.0.15 ghost ASWD keys mapped to plane

tettie

The w (pitch up) s (pitch down) a(roll left) and d (roll right) keys are mapped to the controls of my plane. Usually I have wep mapped to W, this is how I found this.

I then cleared the keys from the keymapper, but wsad is still controlling the plane. I can use my joystick.

I cannot find where the aswd keys are still mapped. Asking around on the beta server learned me I was the only one (again...) with this problem :confused:

<?xml version='1.0'?>

d
p
x

y

rz
z

x
y
x
y

rx

ry

• 3 weeks later...

BUMP

still have this in 1.30.0.19

No ASWD keys mapped in CFML files, still I can use them to control the plane. Mapping keys to other functions does not take away that keys ability to control the plane.

BUMP

still have this in 1.30.0.19

No ASWD keys mapped in CFML files, still I can use them to control the plane. Mapping keys to other functions does not take away that keys ability to control the plane.

I will see if i get this later.

From RAMP:

Those particular keymaps have multiple keys mapped to those functions. For example, roll has a/d and left shift a/d for rolling left and right. The left shift causes a larger roll. When he hits "clear keymap", it clears the one you can see but not the other one. This is probably poor functionality in imap with respect to custom keymapping, but the gui keymapper doesn't allow all advantages of imap's cfml format.

Since noone else responded to his thread and most people don't use the keyboard to fly, I vote we shelve this issue until 1.31...thoughts?

i think it would be sweet to fly with those keys instead of having to plug int my joystick.

I also noticed when i first logged in to the beta i could drive with the same keys which is way better than having to plug in my joystick everyime and alot easier to control movement.

We have had several successful trials with aircraft flying by keyboard using the current keymapping. No they won't win any dogfights versus a joystick equipped aircraft, but flying if the correct techniques are followed is quite possible now using the current keyboard mapping methods.

So we're not changing this at this late stage. Time to move on. Release is waiting.