Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Hmm, had a perfectly functioning keymapper

Robswede

All set and working since 2004 and then 2 weeks ago it reset (not talking about the patch before that that changed it). So I redid it.

Had a break over Eastern and logged in today to play and again some keys were reset ...

Fixed it but it was most annoying when trying to deploy the lmg only to find that I had to press the 'd' key despite me assigning it to the right mouse button 2 weeks ago ...

:cool:

Part of testing the new versions before they go live is forcing repeat resets of things like that. Otherwise you miss bugs you can't afford to not be aware of just because you never check the default conditions. Sorry but that's beta testing, it isn't supposed to be "release ready and unannoying" yet. If it's too annoying don't test. I can't tell you how many times I have reinstalled and reset everything, because they haven't invented a number that big yet. :D

When we reach the final version, just before we release, and THAT version resets your keymapper, we're going to have to make sure that doesn't happen.

PS: you shouldn't be having any issues with this now anyway, unless there's something you might have been unaware of. We shouldn't be resetting your .cfml files at all now. There were some issues earlier on when we were changing the keymapper a lot, but that should all be resolved by .16 version. If you have selected a configuration it should stay at what you selected. You know that .cfml files are installed in your My Documents folder now, right ?

Fixed it but it was most annoying when trying to deploy the lmg only to find that I had to press the 'd' key despite me assigning it to the right mouse button 2 weeks ago ...

http://wiki.wwiionline.com/images/f/fd/Keymap_inf_grey.png

It's the B key by default, and has been for years.

Right Mouse Button has also worked for years.

The Open Beta does not use your Live keymaps.

http://wiki.wwiionline.com/index.php/Custom_Keymapping

• 2 weeks later...