Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

tater

I was online yesterday briefly, and I literally could not function in game because if I moved my mouse with any speed, I'd almost 360. My mouse has buttons to adjus sensitivity on the fly, and even with it on the lowest setting this happened. I then went to the setting in game, and it was near the left, and I dragged it all the way to the left. Did nothing.

1.29 works just fine.

PC, BTW.

Just me?

Did you open/close the map at least 1 more time after changing the mouse settings? If you change the sensitivity then close the window, nothing happens. Then if you just open and close the map the changes take effect.

They fixed a bug where the left/right sensitivity was bugged and not working properly.

Just me?

Looks like.

My mouse has sensitivity buttons as well and I didn't get any issues.

I am experiencing something strange with mouse sensitivity also, i thought i would i was just imagining it but after playing again something it different.

It feels like there are 2 thresholds when moving the mouse as it goes from moving ok to full 360 as you describe.

AMD Athlon 6000+ x2

Nvidia 320 mb 8800gt

4gb Ram

Vista 32

There are issues on the mac version with mouse movement as well that might be related (mouse jitter).

I have macs as well as my PC. Macs have always had proportional movement on the mouse—move it slowly 1 inch, and it barely moves, move it quickly, and it goes farther on screen per inch moved. Not sure about PC mice. My problem is on my PC (E6600, 8800gts)

It's like the proportionality is fubar. If I turn slowly, it's fine, but I do what would be a normal amount in ww2ol to look 90 degrees quickly, and I have no idea where I will end up pointing.

I have macs as well as my PC. Macs have always had proportional movement on the mouse—move it slowly 1 inch, and it barely moves, move it quickly, and it goes farther on screen per inch moved. Not sure about PC mice. My problem is on my PC (E6600, 8800gts)

It's like the proportionality is fubar. If I turn slowly, it's fine, but I do what would be a normal amount in ww2ol to look 90 degrees quickly, and I have no idea where I will end up pointing.

That's what i'm seeing with my PC (8800gt).

Any other PC or MAC users seeing this, i'd imagine this could be quite an annoyance if it's more than a minority of people?

Ok so what's common about your systems then?

These are my full specs

AMD Athlon 6000+ x2

4GB Ram

320Mb Nvidia 8800gt (same series as tater)

Vista 32.

EDIT: Just noticed i also have a mouse that changes senstivity on the fly a logitech optical gaming mouse is all i can find it being reffered to as.

Cheers Gophur.

• 2 weeks later...

Still seeing this in .20. The mouse will stick to it's sensitivity within a certain threshold of movement but once you start trying to turn faster you will rotate much much more than expected, it is definately different than 1.29 for me.

The fast-spinning seems to be related to how sensitive you make the mouse, as on the lowest setting you will barely see it.

Gt.

Added note: Upon spawning into a friendly depot i'm seeing "BETA: ENEMY SPAWNER: OUTGOING DAMAGE DISABLED WHILE IN THIS BUILDING." it was spammed a few times, is this address me as the 'enemy spawner' or is it there in the event that i am the enemy spawned in?

I have the same issue... it's like the sensitivity curve is a non-linear function of speed...

i don't know how else to explain it

PC here

Xfire 4850's

E8400 Intel dual core

Windows vista

Microsoft Sidewinder Mouse

I have noticed a problem with the Logitech mouse driver and BE.

Spawn in and the mouse is super sensative. However if you used the mouse button to either increase or decrease mouse senstivity the mouse starts active normal until the next time you spawn in.

Because the workaround is simple, I haven't trying playing with the "Game Detection Enabled" checkbox to see if it responds differently.

Tempest does your mouse have adjustment sliders?

It could be an initialiazation issue.

There are serious mouse issues with the Mac version which seem to have appeared quite recently in the game.

Instead of panning smoothly across the terrain, moving my mouse now results in a series of jerky movements, as though the game were at 2fps or something.

This happens no matter how high the FPS of the surroundings are - pretty much the same in a heavy battle as in an empty FB in the middle of nowhere.

I really hope this can get fixed for both Mac and PC users as I play mostly infantry and it ruins the enjoyment of the game - impossible to scan a bushline or aim the rifle properly.

S!

I recently began to have extra-sensitive movement with my Logitech in the regular game. However, it also occurred in another game, so I don't think my issue is with BE.

I am still getting this strange mouse action for infantry gameplay .22 i've also updated my logitech optical gaming mouse drivers but it had no effect.

What mouses specifically?

And have you tried turning off the manufacturer software stuff, if it is running?

What mouses specifically?

And have you tried turning off the manufacturer software stuff, if it is running?

Logitech MX518 Optical Gaming Mouse, i never installed the software that came with my computer i just let Vista install it's generic drivers for my mouse and keyboard.

I generally do the same but I wonder if it would have an affect. Can you install these to test? You can always uninstall them. If not no worries, I'll try and order one but it won't get fixed on our side for 1.30 I don't think.

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/428/187&cl=us,en?osid=1

Will do now.

Worst case ill just buy another mouse... i bloody hate this one anyway.

EDIT:: Ok i've spent a while testing with and without those drivers and it had no effect, but it's hard to test now since i've logged a fair few hours on the client i've gotten used to the sensitivty.

But i've also switched between 1.29 and found that in 1.30 the mouse movement is no capped when moving the mouse fast to the left or right, the effect of this causes the infantry to spin 3 - 4 round fully.

Where as in 1.29 there is a noticable capped on how fast the inf will spin, like the more agressive the movement the higher the curb.

That's about as much as i can think i can take discussing mouse movement today :)

Did you happen to copy your live keymapper fioles over to beta? Just a hunch, probably nothing, but we did adjust the default sensitivity I think in 1.30. Maybe that made something wonky.