Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

232 Gun

cerpin

Not sure if this is a known bug (I tried searching but I'm not patient enough to deal with the 2 minute wait between searches, that is not conducive to actually searching as typing this will take a shorter time) or whether it's expected:

If you shoot a 232 with the Boys ATR from the side, in the hatch (right on the join, and towards the bottom) you will destroy/jam the main gun. There is no crew damage and the coaxial is unaffected.

That must be the same thing that happens to pz 2c when you shoot the middle number on the turret with atr. There was a thread in the motorpool about this where doc said he knows why it is happening. But i think he never said what exactly it was. Try searching forums for degunning 2c or 232.

You may due to the thin armour on that vehicle be hitting the breechblock inside the turret and damaging the mechanism. All breechblocks can be damaged if struck following penetration of the turret of all AFVs, and that can disable the main gun.

I know how the armour is thin, and I know that hitting the breech etc. will damage it. The problem as I see it however, is that the spot is low enough that there should be no chance of hitting the breach block, unless perhaps the round is plinking the bottom of the ammo belt container. There doesn't seem to be anything that is related to the gun in that position. I will test a bit more and take a few screenies to show just where I'm shooting so you can all make your own opinions, but to me it looks like something is wrong.

That must be the same thing that happens to pz 2c when you shoot the middle number on the turret with atr. There was a thread in the motorpool about this where doc said he knows why it is happening. But i think he never said what exactly it was. Try searching forums for degunning 2c or 232.

It's more like the spot in the hull of the 2c that will also kill the gun only.

Mahooosive screenies to come.

Shooting this point will disable the main gun:

SShot17.jpg

SShot18.jpg

Both of those shots resulted in a dead gun, and no visible crew damage.

You may due to the thin armour on that vehicle be hitting the breechblock inside the turret and damaging the mechanism. All breechblocks can be damaged if struck following penetration of the turret of all AFVs' date=' and that can disable the main gun.[/quote']

not really anything of value, but -

for some reason, I find that we have the ability to do that uber cool..

Ammo storage hits can disable guns, but the ammo is supposed to brew up as well. Perhaps the real issue is that the 232 didn't turn into a BBQ, rather then the gun got damaged as a subroutine of catastrophic ammo hit ? All ammo hits that are catastrophic ... disable the guns they supply ammo to, it's a SOP urinto a BBQ. So no denying that what you see doesn't add up, however the cause may be elsewhere to what you are assuming.

Either way, you know we know about it, so that's that for now.

Ticket #2866

Is this also the same reason that a shot like that will disable both the coax and the 20mm on a side turret shot?

Is this also the same reason that a shot like that will disable both the coax and the 20mm on a side turret shot?

I would have thought that was because you were actually hitting the gun, thus damaging the mechanisms.

DOC it is possible to get a catastrophic explosion if you shoot very slightly lower (that hulk in the first screenie is actually due to that), so perhaps there is something else being hit where I am shooting that isn't doing what it should do. (The packet loss you see in those pics doesn't seem to have anything to do with it by the way, I can repeat this when my connection is normal).

So no denying that what you see doesn't add up, however the cause may be elsewhere to what you are assuming.

Either way, you know we know about it, so that's that for now.

Ticket #2866

I'm not assuming anything (other than something is not right) just trying to help :D

I feels special that I gots a ticket, I broke the game! Go me!