Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Found a hole in the planet... flop down there and die

tayvl

Fell into the earth and died, went back and repeated it. Seems to be a hole in the terrain.

Lat/Long:

ww2sse22009050508273159.jpg

Here's a better map showing the location:

ww2sse22009050508442645l.jpg

The coordinates in the first pic are accurate.

Thats how you get to the China servers ;)

LOL.....

WTF we could be attacked by the chinease at any time!!!!, allied and axis will have to shake hands and put aside our differences and just wait around the "hole" for em to show there heads..

LOL we will show em airquake :D

Can you go back there multiple times and it always happens ? Or was it just a one off thing ? If it's not repeatable it's gonna be nigh impossible to track down.

Sometimes I think that falling through the earth is less a terrain issue than a code issue - I've fallen through the earth offline stepping out of the inf spawn twice but can never reproduce it. Maybe there is a tiny statistical chance that you can go to hell from anywhere.

I've fallen through ground upon spawning many times, the game usually crashed shortly after. There absolutely must be a non-terrain related issue too, likely just some memory overrun.

Can you go back there multiple times and it always happens ? Or was it just a one off thing ? If it's not repeatable it's gonna be nigh impossible to track down.

Yes, I went back online and fell through, then did it again in offline mode. And it's not that large, because I had to move around to find it, even with the coordinates. Originally, I flopped down in the bushline to take a look at something, so I knew it was in the bushes. If you go to the coordinates you'll see the bushline, and the spot is near a little tree in the bushline. Face toward Wellin from the bushes and move around.

EDIT: Here's a screenshot of the bushes. As you can see from the minimap, I'm looking SE, coming from Wellin. It's in those 2 green bushes next to the tree, and there's one of those seams where you hear a thump when you go over it. I couldn't get it to work standing, but going prone and moving back and forth over the bump will eventually get you into the ground and dead...

sshot5m.jpg

Ticket #2906. Closing this one because we have another thread open on this, and we don't want multiple threads dealing with the same issue.