Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

1.30.0.22 Mission leader weirdness

elegance

When testing the mission leader freeze with gtanner, we realized that the game didnt give the mission leader to gtanner when i left the mission and logged out of the game. Once I logged back in I saw that I am still the mission leader and gtanner confirmed that he was never given the mission leader.

Possibly related: Today (.22) shado1 made a mission and I joined it. Shado1 was driving truck to set up as msp at fb. He gave me lead (so I could test the mission leader change freeze) and set up the msp. I returned the lead, then he gave it back to me. When I left the mission and went to spawn somewhere else, shado1 reported that his msp disappeared.

Bug of "ghost" mission leaders has been around for a while. For me it's a minor nuisance. I never could reproduce it.

Bug of "ghost" mission leaders has been around for a while. For me it's a minor nuisance. I never could reproduce it.

That true, thats a minor bug. But the disappearing msp is potentionally major bug. Btw. do you still get the freeze when mission leader changes tettie?

I think we need more testing on this. DOC reported something similar the other day.

Tested it again with thales. Made a mission to fb, made msp. Then invited thales to join my mission. After giving him mission leader I asked him to leave the mission. After a maybe 1 minute (maybe less) time delay the msp disappeared.

That true' date=' thats a minor bug. But the disappearing msp is potentionally major bug. Btw. do you still get the freeze when mission leader changes tettie?[/quote']

No, I can barely keep up with the updates at the moment. Little time and I need others to test this on the beta server, mostly I am alone there.

No' date=' I can barely keep up with the updates at the moment. Little time and I need others to test this on the beta server, mostly I am alone there.[/quote']

I get on as often as i can since i'm taking a break from the live server, i could spend a while testing this *snip just realised i have to get drunk... dammit :).

I have some time on saturday, there was also a case when a mission of mine stayed open still even after i logged off that i want to try and replicate.

EDIT:: Just wanted to aska question in this thread, in 1.30 has the fog distance been extended, i could swear that i can see terrain further or at least clearer in this version compared to 1.29 :S.

retested in 1.30.23: no CTD, only a 10 sec freeze on the first ml change with alerts on. 2nd one only 1 sec freeze.

Retested ml changes with alerts turned off: no freezes. Retesting again with alerts turned back on: no freezes.

Restarted game, with first ml change with alerts turned off. No freezes.

Conclusion: ml problem in my case is alert related, only after restarting the game.

retested in 1.30.23: no CTD, only a 10 sec freeze on the first ml change with alerts on. 2nd one only 1 sec freeze.

Retested ml changes with alerts turned off: no freezes. Retesting again with alerts turned back on: no freezes.

Restarted game, with first ml change with alerts turned off. No freezes.

Conclusion: ml problem in my case is alert related, only after restarting the game.

Are you still rank 1 on the beta server?

Might do. My second account had (unsubscribed now, so cant test it anymore) rank 1 on beta server. I am unable to replicate the problem now with this account which has higher rank. (well it still freezes on the first ml handover, but only for less then 2 seconds). Thinking about it, it was always the second account or in his presence (or presence of other rank 1 players like you) that I got the long freeze.

(.24) Tested again with wolfiejr. Same thing msp disappeared after 60 or so seconds when I gave him the lead and he left the mission. This time I made sure that I have autoleader on.

Btw. I am still on the beta server waiting for somebody to log in.

Edit: Ok. 2 hours on beta server and except for wolfiejr who ctds all the time and afk gophur there was nobody on. sigh. Will give it 1 more hour.

Edit2: Burdy showed up, tested again with him observing the msp disappear in game and me observing the mission itself disappear.

Nah. No worries. Just to wrap it up: the mission leader handover is totally borked. It doesnt get passed to anyone and mission just expires (and msp with it). On a positive note: the long freeze when mission leader handover is taking place seems to be gone (at least for me), just the 1,5 - 2 second short one is still here (not that serious). Will test again in .25.

elegance made MSP

elegance left, MSP gone

only me left in mission BUT mission is invisible

I try to takelead but have to wait for timer even tho Im alone on mission

After timer is up and I takelead mission apears

Done bit more testing with micke. It appears that the changeover of mission leader is the culprit here. Without changing the lead (I make mission, make msp, micke joins, I leave mission, mission leader gets passed to micke properly, mission stays, msp stays) things work as expected. But if the command .makeleader gets used, then when the new mission leader leaves mission, the mission lead doesnt get passed on, mission expires and msp disappears. Only way to make the mission reappear is to do .takelead. But the msp is gone forever.

IMO this is a critical bug that needs fixing as the .makeleader command gets used quite often and I dont think people will be happy if they loose their msp because of this.

Thanks to micke for helping with this.

• 2 months later...