Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Still have major memory leak

gunspnge

Can't play more than 2-3 minutes without running out of memory

My system is Vista 64bit

E8500 3.2Ghz Dual Core

4gbs 800mhz RAM

8800 GTS 640mb gfx card (currently using omega drivers because all the new nvidia drivers are incompatible with the beta and live versions of the game)

The game is not generating a crash report either, probably because its an out of memory error and not a crash; either way the beta is pretty much unplayable and has been since it opened up.

1) can you play 1.29 properly?

2) what memory footprint is 1.29 when you play?

3) what memory footprint does 1.30 have after logging in (ie at persona select screen)

4) does 1.30 crash when you do nothing after logging in?

5) does 1.30 crash when you navigate without spawning in?

6) what does the memory footprint change to when you navigate without spawning in?

7) what does the memory footprint change to when you spawn in?

8) Can you see any differences in memory footprint between different types of units?

9) what is the memory footprint when the game crashes? (estimate)

10) repeat 3-9 for off line version as well

1) can you play 1.29 properly? yes

2) what memory footprint is 1.29 when you play? 855kb

3) what memory footprint does 1.30 have after logging in (ie at persona select screen) 785kb

4) does 1.30 crash when you do nothing after logging in? no

5) does 1.30 crash when you navigate without spawning in? its possible given enough navigating around. i noticed that the memory footprint continously goes up little by little.

6) what does the memory footprint change to when you navigate without spawning in? up to about 807kb now after navigating for a couple minutes

7) what does the memory footprint change to when you spawn in? went from 807 to 979kb immediately and now im just watching it climb with the game minimized...about 1kb per second

8) Can you see any differences in memory footprint between different types of units? i think i run out of memory faster in an airplane vs infantry because the game is loading more objects. seems like the game is not releasing resources after they load

9) what is the memory footprint when the game crashes? (estimate) got to about 1040kb before it said i was out of memory

for the offline test

3) what memory footprint does 1.30 have after logging in (ie at persona select screen) 774kb

5) does 1.30 crash when you navigate without spawning in? its possible given enough navigating around. i noticed that the memory footprint continously goes up little by little.

6) what does the memory footprint change to when you navigate without spawning in? --

7) what does the memory footprint change to when you spawn in? went from 774 to 910kb immediately and continued to climb a bit and then stopped.

8) Can you see any differences in memory footprint between different types of units? not much difference between units in the offline version

9) what is the memory footprint when the game crashes? (estimate) got to about 1008kb before it said i was out of memory

the main difference between the online and offline version was that the offline version took much longer and more spawn ins to run out of memory

this is most likely due to the amount of objects in the training area..i had to load several different vehicles (about 4 or 5) in order to run out of memory.

on a side note for the offline test...my sound does not work and i cannot get any outside views to work.

3) what memory footprint does 1.30 have after logging in (ie at persona select screen) 785kb

6) what does the memory footprint change to when you navigate without spawning in? up to about 807kb now after navigating for a couple minutes

7) what does the memory footprint change to when you spawn in? went from 807 to 979kb immediately and now im just watching it climb with the game minimized...about 1kb per second

8) Can you see any differences in memory footprint between different types of units? i think i run out of memory faster in an airplane vs infantry because the game is loading more objects. seems like the game is not releasing resources after they load

9) what is the memory footprint when the game crashes? (estimate) got to about 1040kb before it said i was out of memory

Can you run a memtest? It is weird that the game crashes after reaching 1 Gb while you have 4 Gb and the 64 bit OS. I have been monitoring the mem footprints since last patch (1.29). I have not seen this kind of mem leak reported here earlier about 1.30. Looking at your test it seems that you have a leak though.

It could be a bad memory stick.

Thsi with your other thread leads me to believe there is a system issue. I think it is probably fine, doesn't look overclocked, but the omega drivers should be deleted and you need to get the 185's from nVidia.

I'm running an almost identical system here with no text corruption or crashes.

E8400 @ 3.0

Asus P5Q-SE (P45)

2x2GB @1066

GF 8800 GT

i cant run the current live version (1.29) with the newest nvidia drivers. I've tried many times and many different driver versions

i cant run the current live version (1.29) with the newest nvidia drivers. I've tried many times and many different driver versions

Have you tried the newest released drivers from May, i've had crashing errors in a few games in these 185 drivers but the newest release seems to have stopped this.

1.30 was hanging/crashing even at the theatre map screen on my 8800gts with the drivers from just last month.

gunspnge, this has bad DIMM written all over it. I had the same problem you are reporting and it turned out to be a bad memory DIMM.

Download memtest86+ and run it to check your memory. http://www.memtest.org/

Let us know the results.

S!

alphie

gunspnge, this has bad DIMM written all over it. I had the same problem you are reporting and it turned out to be a bad memory DIMM.

Download memtest86+ and run it to check your memory. http://www.memtest.org/

Let us know the results.

S!

alphie

that was a waste of an hour..ran the memory test..no errors.

The Omega drivers are old and should NOT be used.

http://downloads.guru3d.com/GeForce-Forceware-185.85-Windows-Vista-64-bit-WHQL-download-2272.html

Did you try these?

Uninstall your current drivers and test this utility:

http://downloads.guru3d.com/Driver-Sweeper-beta-2.0.0-download-2186.html

"You only have to select the drivers you want to clean. The best way to clean drivers is to first uninstall the drivers using the official uninstallers, reboot in Safe Mode and run

Driver Sweeper. However, rebooting and not going into Safe Mode also works, but can cause some files not to be cleaned. "

If it doesn't help you can try uninstalling the game,then using Tune Up Utilities (www.tune-up.com) to clean any unnecessary files and unneeded registry items. (Along with possible left over BGE files.)

Hope it helps.

that was a waste of an hour..ran the memory test..no errors.

Not a waste of an hour, we can now cross something off the list! :)

Now try this:

The Omega drivers are old and should NOT be used.

http://downloads.guru3d.com/GeForce-Forceware-185.85-Windows-Vista-64-bit-WHQL-download-2272.html

Did you try these?

Uninstall your current drivers and test this utility:

http://downloads.guru3d.com/Driver-Sweeper-beta-2.0.0-download-2186.html

"You only have to select the drivers you want to clean. The best way to clean drivers is to first uninstall the drivers using the official uninstallers, reboot in Safe Mode and run

Driver Sweeper. However, rebooting and not going into Safe Mode also works, but can cause some files not to be cleaned. "

If it doesn't help you can try uninstalling the game,then using Tune Up Utilities (www.tune-up.com) to clean any unnecessary files and unneeded registry items. (Along with possible left over BGE files.)

Hope it helps.

This is why I dont use the new nvidia drivers...switched over today.. was flying around having a good mission then this happened

SShot31.jpg

couldnt see anything and crashed into the ground

SShot32.jpg

I havent really got to testing them on 1.30 yet but i havent had much luck with previous versions...

Either your cards shader units are damaged or you are downloading corrupted drivers. I have no idea why you get that bad artifacting. :confused:

Use a driver cleaner and clean out all the crap left behind from all those drivers, then reboot, then install new drivers.