Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

[1.30.0.26] Framerate problems

rote7

We had a thread about this before, couldn't find it anymore.

My framerate fluctuates from stable 60 (vsync on) to low 20s and below. I have not yet found the culprit, it seems that trees and gras as well as buildings trigger it. Happens on the ground as well as in the air, haven't tested high alts yet.

Driver version for the 8600GT is 185.85.

Update:

Flying over Amiens at 500m results in 8-20 Frames and mini stutters. Stutters and framerate drop occur less often over 4k.

No, will do that sometime today.

The strange thing is, the fluctuation seems to occur in regular intervals even when no ground tiles are visible.

Generally speaking, the games does not feel as responsive/fluid as 1.29 atm, especially when flying. Fast movements with TrackIR lead to small stutters/after images and there is a noticeable delay of joystick movements.

Planes feel snappy because of that. Some z buffer fighting is going on around Köln AF and Amiens AF.

The framerate problem persists without TIR software loaded, although the frames dont drop under 20 fps when the TIR software is not loaded. Will test again today.

just test a fly over Reims , nothing special there

but I have noted that sometime the memory used by the game is very low and then FPS are low and unstable.

so I need to log off and login again

Can't fly atm, joystick went kaputt. Maybe that was the reason for the snappy planes. I tested the framerate as infantry and had the same recurring fps drops. Memory usage was stable.

Did you try it with TrackIR off?

Is this the same problem we tried to check earlier when flying together? I could not see the drops in FPS with my system.

Did you try it with TrackIR off?

Is this the same problem we tried to check earlier when flying together? I could not see the drops in FPS with my system.

Yes to both. FPS does not drop under 20 without TIR software loaded, but it is still noticeable.

Need to know system when reporting performance issues. Something like:

Core2Duo E8400 @ 3.0 Ghz, 4 GB Ram @ 1066, GeForce 8800 GT (drivers 185.xx).

Intel Core2 6420@2.13 GHz, Board MSI P35, 2GB RAM, Geforce 8600GT, Realtek onboard sound, Windows XP Pro, nVidia Driver Version 185.85

I have no problems in 1.29, stable 60fps (vsync on).

Further TrackIR testing shows that the biggest problem are the after images/mini stutters when doing fast head movements in flight over a city.

The fps fluctuations occur less frequently above 4k even with no ground tiles or enemy aircraft in the field of view.

There is a bug that happens to some people where looking at the sun drops FPS. Doesn't happen to me, no clue why.

Sound on or off makes no difference, but I will retest with 1.30.1. Jumped through all the hoops, complete nVidia removal, new realtek drivers, registry clean, reinstall younameit but nothing really helped. Jitters are a brain killer especially with TrackIR.

Right now flying is impossible for me (Not whining, stating a fact).

TOFU: Sound off makes no difference with 1.30.1. Turning vsync off helps a bit, but the jitters are still there.

I think this is the same as http://forums.wwiionline.com/showthread.php?t=277115.

Was trying it again today. I think the framerate fluctuates during every second or so. It is pretty annoying and more people reported it in-game.

The framerate fluctuations mean that the FPS readouts are random- from min to max, which was as I wrote in the other thread between 5 and 155 for me at one point, within 2 seconds and without anything around.

I tried it with and without vsync, sound on and off. No difference. All settings set to minimum.