Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

1.30 Install, 1.29 Uninstall Problem: Remove Registry Keys!

bloo

Because of the long-lived nature of this game, and the many, many patches and changes over the years, the uninstall may not be cleaning out your registry keys correctly.

At the first hint of any problems, PLEASE MANUALLY REMOVE THE REGISTRY KEYS AS DESCRIBED HERE:

http://wiki.wwiionline.com/index.php/Uninstall#Registry_Keys_.28PC.29

Then run the 1.30 Installer.

I checked my registry and the only registry artifact left over from the uninstall of v1.29 and its accompanying Playnet was HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE / SOFTWARE / PLAYNET which was empty anyways.

The problems regarding the registry which I encountered were after logging in and selecting the game server the following messages occurred:

Registry lookup failed

and ..

No registry entry for game

.. and then the front-end quit.

I have discovered this was because I was trying to run the game from a custom directory/folder ( G:\BgE ) where I had installed it.

It would appear the v1.30 installer does not register the game in the system registry if the install occurs anywhere other than the default location ( C:\Program Files\Battleground Europe\.. )

This is installer (Vista driven?) specific BS.

If you’ve encountered a similar error, confirm you’ve installed the game in its default directory/folder, if not, do so – this should fix the error.

CRS .. please fix this installer issue ASAP.

Cheers,

India-one-one .. OUT!

Don't do this;

This release includes a new PlayGATE. We advise players to use the Add/Remove Programs feature in Windows to removes "Battleground Europe: WWIIOL" and "PlayGATE" before continuing.

If you only downloaded the patch :(

For some reason when i tried to uninstall version 1.29 I got an error saying it could not find the install.bat (or something like that). So I manually deleted the directories and files and uninstalled the playgate program (playgate uninstaller did work).

I used a handy freeware tool called CCCleaner to delete the redundant registry entries (google it if you'd like to use this).

1.30 (full install) then installed fine and I used the offline mode to config graphics etc.

So if you are unsure where to locate the registry entries give CCCleaner a try.

Hope this helps some folks...

what a crock 'o ****! i cant get anything to work. is anyone actually playing the game!????

I keep getting a error that says

" Windows cannot find 'C:PROGRAM~2\Playnet\Playgate\UNWISE.EXE'. Make sure you typed the name correctly , and then try again.

cccleaner cant work with 64bit vista.

Seem's like i have some old playgate prog hanging around my system. Means I cant delete it, so cant install the new patch !!! Result = After 5 odd years cant play the bloody game !!

:mad:

If i try and load the game I get a blank with box that say's 'connected' looks like it might load new patch but just sits there and does nothing. Pretty p-ss-d off

Evl

Why cant i delete old playgate set up file Showing on my progs list? When i try a delete to load game again my pc tells me it @could not open INSTALL.LOG file ???????????????

really p-ss-e- off now:D

Why cant i delete old playgate set up file Showing on my progs list? When i try a delete to load game again my pc tells me it @could not open INSTALL.LOG file ???????????????

really p-ss-e- off now:D

Not sure if this will work for Vista, but give it a shot:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314481

ChumBucket

" Windows cannot find 'C:PROGRAM~2\Playnet\Playgate\UNWISE.EXE'. Make sure you typed the name correctly , and then try again.

me to.

Because of the long-lived nature of this game, and the many, many patches and changes over the years, the uninstall may not be cleaning out your registry keys correctly.

At the first hint of any problems, PLEASE MANUALLY REMOVE THE REGISTRY KEYS AS DESCRIBED HERE:

http://wiki.wwiionline.com/index.php/Uninstall#Registry_Keys_.28PC.29

Then run the 1.30 Installer.

I am having problems with my moue like many others and so I went to delete my registry like advised on the wiki site and there were no playnet files under the software menus.

So.. let me get this straight. You cant just run the game and let the update take care of everything?! and make the 1.29 to 1.30 jump? It seems like you have to Uninstall the game and reinstall it? did I misread that somehow or is that what you actually have to do in order to get to the 1.30?

after almost putting my fist through my brand new monitor. I decided to give up on trying to make this game work. from a black screen.. too actually getting it to go through the load screen. ONLY to be crushed after it reaches 100% and then CRASH! :mad:

sad sad sad.. day..

I checked my registry and the only registry artifact left over from the uninstall of v1.29 and its accompanying Playnet was HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE / SOFTWARE / PLAYNET which was empty anyways.

The problems regarding the registry which I encountered were after logging in and selecting the game server the following messages occurred:

Registry lookup failed

and ..

No registry entry for game

.. and then the front-end quit.

I have discovered this was because I was trying to run the game from a custom directory/folder ( G:\BgE ) where I had installed it.

It would appear the v1.30 installer does not register the game in the system registry if the install occurs anywhere other than the default location ( C:\Program Files\Battleground Europe\.. )

This is installer (Vista driven?) specific BS.

If you’ve encountered a similar error, confirm you’ve installed the game in its default directory/folder, if not, do so – this should fix the error.

CRS .. please fix this installer issue ASAP.

Cheers,

India-one-one .. OUT!

Unable to replicate. Look at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Playnet\apps\appid1\instance1\Path. This is the location that you designate during install.

Don't worry about it. Run the full installer and move on. If you still have an issue.

1) Remove all files and folders in C:\Program Files\CRS\

2) hit start\run then type regedit

3) browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Playnet\ and delete all registry keys

4) run the full installer 1.30.0.

The old installer (especially if you've been around for years or are a problem child like tettie) did some odd things. Thus the move to the new onw

cccleaner cant work with 64bit vista.

Seem's like i have some old playgate prog hanging around my system. Means I cant delete it, so cant install the new patch !!! Result = After 5 odd years cant play the bloody game !!

:mad:

If i try and load the game I get a blank with box that say's 'connected' looks like it might load new patch but just sits there and does nothing. Pretty p-ss-d off

Evl

You don't need to remove the old playgate ion order to play the game.

Install the latest version and launch from the start menu.

So.. let me get this straight. You cant just run the game and let the update take care of everything?! and make the 1.29 to 1.30 jump? It seems like you have to Uninstall the game and reinstall it? did I misread that somehow or is that what you actually have to do in order to get to the 1.30?

No. There is no need to uninstall anything. Run the update and you should be fine. If you are not fine then you might want to uninstall and start with a fresh install.

There are some instances where uninstalling the 1.30 Test application will destroy your registry entries. In that case you can simple re run the live patch or full installer to resolve the issue.

sorry but i disagree

when ever any MAJOR patch changes come out i have to do an entire re-install

to the point i go to the control panel un-install that way then i search for all of the following folders/files and then manual delete them also so that there is no longer any folders from the game left in my system

folders and files search

ww2, wwii, crs, playgate, battleground europe (any file name for the game you can think of)

when you do so if you have any pictures from ingame besure to move them to a new folder or u will lose them

ive been playing this game since week 1 and everytime there are major changes i have to do this or the game just does not run the right way

and i should not have to make a bunch of changes to my system seeing as how it worked just fine before the patch. Some thing in the patch never runs right and never fully un-install through the update feature

only good thing for me is i have a high speed connection so it does not take me long to download the full install 15min :D

The first time I loaded the game it was fine. Only problem was the hyper-speed mouse issue.

For second time I have the stuck mouse issue (Different thread) So I have one game session per reload.

For subsequent reloads it has been a nightmare!!!

Not only do I have to remove all CRS files [including all key settings] I had to remove even Word files with the "playgate.com" in the text. Contrary to popular belief leaving the key settings in the doc file the system says there is earlier version still prohibits the reload

To get in the game the second time it took about 9-10 hours and perhaps 7-8 download attempts.

EACH TIME I want to play I have had to remove registry keys, uninstall the game, and delete all CRS files, again. Then I reload the game. Graphics are awfull and I have to redo key settings each time.

Now I have a desktop shortcut that I cannnot remove. Deleted from desktop but the damn Damn thing shows on C drive. When I try to delete I am told that the path does not exist. All stop now.

Shouldn't the uninstall function fully remove related shortcuts????

• Registered Users

No idea if this is of any help.

On my xp install the game install OK, no probs.

On my vista install I had uninstalled playgate prior to installing 1.30.

When I tried to install got the "can't find playgate uninstall.exe"

I did the reg edits but no joy. Luckily I had a old (1.26xx)

full install so I installed and then uninstalled the 1.26 game but left playgate installed.

1.30 then procieded to uninstall playgate and install the game without hitch.

The 1.31 patches do this completely different. Should nto create this error any longer.