Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

1.30 cant find font error.

odds

If i try to load the game online or offline I get this in my log txt file. Game trys to load and then dumps back to desktop.

Exited Program: file: ..\..\src\ui\uiMain.cpp, line: 248, App Version: 1, 30, 0, 255

Message string: default font not found!

Date and time: 5/28/2009 1:51:08

File version: 1, 30, 0, 255

Date and time: 5/28/2009 1:51:08

WWIIOL aborted via improper means

winxp

Were you able to log in?

If so, did the front end crash after selecting the game server and did you notice any error messages (they're quick) in the progress bar on the front end?

Messages like ..

Registry lookup failed

and ..

No registry entry for game

.. and then the front-end quit. (you won't see these messages reported in the crash logs).

If you saw these messages (albiet very briefly), then most likely you've installed the game in a custom folder/directory. Reinstall the game to the default directory (for some reason the v1.30 installer doesn't register the game if its installed anywhere other than the default location).

Cheers,

Were you able to log in?

If so, did the front end crash after selecting the game server and did you notice any error messages (they're quick) in the progress bar on the front end?

Messages like ..

Registry lookup failed

and ..

No registry entry for game

.. and then the front-end quit. (you won't see these messages reported in the crash logs).

If you saw these messages (albiet very briefly), then most likely you've installed the game in a custom folder/directory. Reinstall the game to the default directory (for some reason the v1.30 installer doesn't register the game if its installed anywhere other than the default location).

Cheers,

Nope

Nope and Nope

Offline or online its just dead. click to launch offline mode it just flicks to black screen then back to desktop, same for online play.

People are telling me that the only way to fix this is by using the full install which I am doing, but must wait till this afternoon.

If you are not on dial up (like me) I suggest you try that :cool:

People are telling me that the only way to fix this is by using the full install which I am doing, but must wait till this afternoon.

If you are not on dial up (like me) I suggest you try that :cool:

Yeah I just tried this and thats a no go as well does the same thing for me. Going to need a patch this soon. And not a crs Soon

Yeah I just tried this and thats a no go as well does the same thing for me. Going to need a patch this soon. And not a crs Soon

You're getting the font issue with a clean full install?

Yep!

That's the error in WW2_Log.txt? Delete the log and try one more time, please. Make sure that's the exact issue, because it's been mostly confined to the patch.

That's the error in WW2_Log.txt? Delete the log and try one more time' date=' please. Make sure that's the exact issue, because it's been mostly confined to the patch.[/quote']

Exited Program: file: ..\..\src\ui\uiMain.cpp, line: 248, App Version: 1, 30, 0, 255

Date and time: 5/28/2009 13:33:52

And your sure that you completely removed the Program Files\Battleground Europe folder before installing the full install? Because if not you need to uninstall the game, delete the folder and reinstall.

And your sure that you completely removed the Program Files\Battleground Europe folder before installing the full install? Because if not you need to uninstall the game' date=' delete the folder and reinstall.[/quote']

This is what I had to do to fix the font error.

Uninstall WW2OL.

Delete the BE folder.

Reinstall full 1.30 client.

After that, the font error went away and I was able to get in game.

This is what I had to do to fix the font error.

Uninstall WW2OL.

Delete the BE folder.

Reinstall full 1.30 client.

After that, the font error went away and I was able to get in game.

Deleted every thing and reinstalled from full and atm its loading, all thought I gotta go through my keymapper and settings now.

Deleted every thing and reinstalled from full and atm its loading' date=' all thought I gotta go through my keymapper and settings now.[/quote']

I did not delete the folder in my Documents and Settings. I simply deleted the game folder.

That seemed to work and I did not have to remap anything.

I did not delete the folder in my Documents and Settings. I simply deleted the game folder.

That seemed to work and I did not have to remap anything.

I did but not every thing. Just my views on my hatswitch for some reason