Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

cannot get into game

geeezer

Got into 1.30 game one time.

Now the 'chose side' screen comes up but the mouse cursor is stuck in the center of the screen. I tried 5-6 times

I tried setting mouse at near max sensitivity in game and on desktop. Tried again - no access to the game.

I tried arrow keys. Cannot move cursor on the screen.

Mouse works for all programs but WW2OL front page.

I, unfotrunately, have Vista.

I tried removing and reinstalling the game. Now I get a message saying there is a prior version on the system.

I authorize removal and get the following message at the final step of instalation:

"Windows cannot find C:\program ~1\playnet\playgate\UNWISE.EXE"

When I click OK I am dropped by the system

spent an hour removing anything to do with Playgate and CRS.

Now I do not get message that I have earlier version. Now I get:

"Could not execute external program C:|PROGRA~1\playnet\playgate\UNWISE.EXE" and cannot proceed to load the game.

Have now spent 4 hours on this thing.

spent an hour removing anything to do with Playgate and CRS.

Now I do not get message that I have earlier version. Now I get:

"Could not execute external program C:|PROGRA~1\playnet\playgate\UNWISE.EXE" and cannot proceed to load the game.

Have now spent 4 hours on this thing.

You need to remove any reference to Playnet from your registry.

Tried that. Did a search of the drive for any file with playnet, playgate, battleground or UNWISE.EXE in the title or in the file. I use the remove function for all program files identified.

Only one left in registry is a "Battleground Game Monitor" which Windows will not permit me to remove.

I removed word documents with any reference to playgate, playnet and battleground and removed screen shot folder and contents.

I totally remove the CRS folder. Somewhat belatidly now realize by deleting the CRS folder in it's entirety I lost all key settings and inching function for guns.

I now get the prior version message again when I say OK to remove I get dumped and cannot load the game.

Thinking I may need to reformat the drive.

Finally got into game after three more attempst of restarting computer and reloading game.

Unfortunately, now have AWFULL graphics and system requires me to restart game after adjusting. Mouse now stuck on restart. Mouse fix does not work. I will post further issues in mouse thread and the graphics thread.

Tried that. Did a search of the drive for any file with playnet, playgate, battleground or UNWISE.EXE in the title or in the file. I use the remove function for all program files identified.

Only one left in registry is a "Battleground Game Monitor" which Windows will not permit me to remove.

I removed word documents with any reference to playgate, playnet and battleground and removed screen shot folder and contents.

I totally remove the CRS folder. Somewhat belatidly now realize by deleting the CRS folder in it's entirety I lost all key settings and inching function for guns.

I now get the prior version message again when I say OK to remove I get dumped and cannot load the game.

Thinking I may need to reformat the drive.

Don't worry about the removal if you cab install the 1.30 fullinstaller and play the game.

old registry entries and old playgates are not a big deal.

Oh the mouse stuck issue may be a compatability setting. Try setting the compatability mode on the ww2_x86.exe and ww2_sse2.exe to XP.