Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

1.30 - CTD then red-locked out of all personas

darg

I got a CTD after about 25 minutes play. When I restarted the game it didn't seem to recognise me, didn't have any info about me and said my subscription didn't allow me access to any of the personas. Red locked out of them all.

Heading back in for another try :)

System:

Win XP SP3

E6300 @ 3.15

3.5GB (2x2GB)

ATi 2900XT 512mb

Asus P5Q.

I have a squaddie who experienced the same thing last night. I think he was trying to despawn and never got the debriefing. I think he shut the game down and loaded again and then had red lock on all personas. Reconnecting fixed it. Is this perhaps related to the old and lovely "CTD - reconnect - connection to host lost - reconnect - works" procedure? :)

Is this perhaps related to the old and lovely "CTD - reconnect - connection to host lost - reconnect - works" procedure? :)

I believe it's the very same thing just looks different now.

Just got another CTD but this time with an out of memory error. I checked process manager and it was using 1.8GB+ of memory. I have 3.5gb so it should have been fine.

It is the same old thing only it looks a little different now.

If you CTD and try and rejoin before the server has finished your log out routines it will show all your personas as locked.