Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

1.30 Alt-TAB FPS Drop

vangard7

Anyone else get this? I frequently alt-tab out of game to check stuff and it seems, this happens at random, that my FPS will drop from 90-150 to a constant 15.

When it is at 15 I can alt-tab (while still being able to see my FPS counter) and they shoot back up, but as soon as I re-enter the game it is back down to 15. Sometimes after I die and spawn back in it returns to normal and sometimes it does not.

I've never had this problem with 1.29 or other versions. Is this a problem with new multicore support? I have a Core2Duo E8400.

Run FRAPS with the game and see what happens. I get the exact opposite problem.

I get this with newer Catalysts (IIRC v8.12 is the last without this problem) and V-Sync on.

On my rig this was already happening in 1.29 with new Catalysts.

Run FRAPS with the game and see what happens. I get the exact opposite problem.

I'm not sure what you're telling me to do? Alt-Tab with FRAPS running or Alt-Tab then FRAPS or did I miss it completely?

FRAPS will just show your frame rate in the game window. You should be able to see when your fps is dropping.