Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

1.30 BUG - No engine sound in me 109's

ngaga

Hi, i discovered this bug when i was checking out the new training events which btw is lovely done i must say!

OK to the bug, i can hear the engine fine in the new 110, but not in 109E-1 and 109 F-4 (i haven't tested any other). I only hear the "swoosh" sound from the wind.

I have every sound setting on default.

*Edit* i have now tried changing it in the out-of-game settings from Primary Sound driver to my real card which is intergrated in the mobo: Realtek HD Audio Output.

I uninstalled the whole 1.29 game with playgate and every trace of CRS.

Downloaded the full install of 1.30 official realease for Windows.

Installed and changed no settings except my buttons of course.

I'm running Windows XP Pro, SP3 and everything was working fine and dandy with 1.29 and even 1.30 open beta.

I don't know what kind of information you need in order to nail this one, let me know and i'll be happy to assist! :-)

Thank you for this game!

//Ngaga

Ok i have an update to this, i spawned in several times and from different places and the bug was still there, but then i landed on Vlissingen, from where you couldn't spawn in at this time due to it being a frontline town?

Anyway i landed there and spawned out, then spawned in again on Vlissingen with the same plane (i didn't know you could do this, but i'm happy you can :) )

When i spawned in again the engine sound was back!!

And no matter where i spawned after this, i of course got shot down after vlissingen, the engine sound worked perfect!

Update to the bug is that the engine sound is not gone, it's just very very very very quiet.

The startup sound works but as soon as teh engine starts, it's like the volume of the engine is turned down to 0.01%.

I have had this experience in the allied craft. I will try a fighter and starts but engine is so quiet (turn my volume to max) it sounds as if it is kilometers away. I tried many other aircraft and with the exception of the blenheim mk1, it is mute (blen sounds fine). I fire my guns and sounds normal but engine is mute.

I tried restarting my computer and same problem. I went as far as reinstalling the entire game and still same problem and I restart after that and still same problem. This issue isn't making the game unplayable but it is unfair when I can hear the plane sneaking up behind me when I shouldn't.