Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

C++ Runtime Library Error & Out of Memory

twoface

I have two problems that are NEW to me in 5 years of playing this game.

First is a Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Error that the GAME is causing. The GAME requests that IT be terminated for reasons unknown to me. I got a screenshot, but I'm not allowed to post it here. But it says as follows:

"Program: C:\PROGRAMS\CRS\BATTLE~1\ww2_x86.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the applications support team for more information."

Second, I am getting an 'out of memory' error now as well. This is bunk. I have 4GB of PC3200 on this rig. I have tested the memory for errors and found none. I have monitored the actual useage of memory, and it has never exceeded 2GB of actual use in regards to the game. Why am I suddenly getting this with release 1.30 of this game?!

Finally, I suppose I'm the only person playing this game using an ATI Radeon series display adapter, but I can tell you I'm not going to get a new one, as I don't have any issues with the other 30 or so games I play on this rig. I have an ATI Radeon 9600 Pro w/256MB DDR400 RAM on it.

Here's my take - fix these issues in under 30 days, or I take my money back to SONY to play PlanetSide. It's sink or swim time for the boys at CRS. ;-)

Same thing there.

I have an Athlon 4600+ with 2Go ram.

It happens after 3 respawns.

1st spawn : Ram occupancy = 1.63 Go

2nd spawn : 1,75 Go

3rd spawn : 1,83 Go

4th spawn : "Program: C:\PROGRAMS\CRS\BATTLE~1\ww2_x86.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the applications support team for more information."

....and CTD...

Turn your ground clutter off, and to minimum radius and all that. See if it changes memory usage.

I use an ATI 1950 pro and lag all to hell with an AMD CPU. But honestly dude, a 9600 is an antique in gaming circles. ATI doesn't even support that thing anymore. You'll need to upgrade soon anyway, so go see what you can afford.

I'll go out on a limb and assume that that wasn't a troll

Seriously, my child could draw the frames faster with a crayon than a

9600 PRO (didn't come stock with 256meg, did you mod it?)

Even new, that series was a "value" card, not a gaming card (9800PRO was the "gamer" version)

I just retired my 9800PRO because the newest ATI drivers don't support that generation (they are all card-specific) and without them, many of the new rendering features (in modern games) won't work correctly

Are you using the "legacy" Catalyst driver set (ver 9.3)?

If not, you COULD try that, but honestly, for $100 you could buy a new

mobo with an ATI chip onboard that would outperform that card, allow you

to use all 4 meg of your ram (prolly only actually using 2gig) and if you DO

buy a new ATI card, you can "hybrid" it to the onboard graphics chip to get an SLI like boost to graphics processing

I was having CTD and 1 to 2 second screen freezes. What seemed to have fixed it was changing the compatability/(affinity?) of the .exe to NT.

I was having CTD and 1 to 2 second screen freezes. What seemed to have fixed it was changing the compatability/(affinity?) of the .exe to NT.

That might be helpful but we'd need to know your OS and you Sys Specs.

• 1 month later...

Was there ever a solution to the C++ Runtime error.

I got a malware virus and finally got rid of it, but now I get that error when I hit Play from the start up screen.

Thanks in advance.

• 1 month later...

I'm glad I didn't really put any expectations on finding help on the runtime library issue in this thread. Thanks for the unwarranted trash talk on my system. In case you didn't notice, the GRAPHICS in this game are 'antique' - and therefore do not require the "powerhouse" cards you dolts spend your money on. This game and this display adapter should be a perfect match. Perhaps those of you who feel the need to disparage my computer would like to pony up the cash required for me to go and update my system to a newer, faster, better, more complicated video card every two months? What's that? No? I thought so. When you're willing to do that, I'll be willing to update my display adapter every two months to 'keep up with the Joneses'. Really? You think some kid with a crayon can draw frames faster? This 'antique' card gives me between 75 and 90FPS - plenty of FPS to play this game with. And that's 75fps in a crowded town, not flying over the english channel. I've probably capped your arse with my 'antique' a few times. Perhaps we could stick to the original purpose of the post now?

Edited by twoface

People who are blaming the graphics card would make very poor IT support analysts.

I have two problems that are NEW to me in 5 years of playing this game

If the card is the same but the problem is new, it isn't likely to be the cause, is it?

Just an fyi, I did remove and reinstall the game and it cleared up the error for me.

And another fyi for anyone who doesn't know, save your cfml (controller's file) to desktop and copy it back in before reinstalling. I don't know if the new install preserves the controllers file, but it used to wipe it out. I save mine if I have to reinstall to make sure I save my keymapper.

S!