Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

No cursor information--Minor Bug?

gunnie

S!

When I open my main map after the 1.30.1 patch and attempt to locate a player, I'm finding that the player's information no longer appears when I hover my mouse over the player's icon the map. I used to be able to mouse over an icon and the player's name and his spawned unit would be displayed. I could also click on the player icon and have a menu pop up prompting to PM the player. I can no longer do that.

I suspect this might be similar in nature to some of the problems MLs have been having approving marks...but that's just a hunch.

I can still mark a contact for the ML to approve. I can still scroll and zoom in/out on the map. I can still select different map buttons. Everything works normally with the exception of the mouse-over info on a player's icon.

I was able to replicate this with the three army personas but I haven't tried other branches. Specifically, this happened when I was infantry, a bofors and a truck. The cursor information wouldn't just stop working, it wouldn't come up at all from the start.

I can still play of course, it's just rather difficult finding people when I do ammo runs atm.

In case it helps, here's my basic PC specs:

------------------

System Information

------------------

Time of this report: 6/1/2009, 00:41:12

Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.090206-1234)

System Manufacturer: Dell Inc

BIOS: Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 A01

Processor: Genuine Intel® CPU T2500 @ 2.00GHz (2 CPUs)

Memory: 2046MB RAM

Page File: 900MB used, 3038MB available

DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

• Registered Users
S!

When I open my main map after the 1.30.1 patch and attempt to locate a player, I'm finding that the player's information no longer appears when I hover my mouse over the player's icon the map. I used to be able to mouse over an icon and the player's name and his spawned unit would be displayed. I could also click on the player icon and have a menu pop up prompting to PM the player. I can no longer do that.

I suspect this might be similar in nature to some of the problems MLs have been having approving marks...but that's just a hunch.

I can still mark a contact for the ML to approve. I can still scroll and zoom in/out on the map. I can still select different map buttons. Everything works normally with the exception of the mouse-over info on a player's icon.

I was able to replicate this with the three army personas but I haven't tried other branches. Specifically, this happened when I was infantry, a bofors and a truck. The cursor information wouldn't just stop working, it wouldn't come up at all from the start.

I can still play of course, it's just rather difficult finding people when I do ammo runs atm.

In case it helps, here's my basic PC specs:

------------------

System Information

------------------

Time of this report: 6/1/2009, 00:41:12

Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.090206-1234)

System Manufacturer: Dell Inc

BIOS: Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 A01

Processor: Genuine Intel® CPU T2500 @ 2.00GHz (2 CPUs)

Memory: 2046MB RAM

Page File: 900MB used, 3038MB available

DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

While despawned, click settings, user interface and on right side check "enable" on tooltips.

lol I would have never thought of that. Thanks Oldzeke, that worked.

I'm not sure how it got switched to off but I'm happy it's fixed.:D

Ok, yeah there is a ticket to make "ui tooltips" and "player tooltips" separate in settings. Thanks Zeke. I shoulda thought of that too. I even tried to replicate it...haha. Well every day isn;t my "win" day.