Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

SmartHeap error and the "Stutters" May Be Related

dogness

I have 2 Gbytes of RAM available, WinXP 32. I use Game Booster to shut down a large number of unnecessary processes (unnecessary to gaming).

I run at 100+ FPS, with 20+Kbps down and 9+ up. In other words, I have a fast rig, with a fast connection. 1.29 played without any hiccups whatsoever with all the settings turned on and max sounds. (I do have 'clutter' turned off).

1.30: My first message of the day sent to me by the game (when the icons drop down on the left) causes a 'fast freeze' followed by a 'stutter'.

Then as I look around at the beginning of the game - 'stutters' as the terrain loads.

After playing a bit - the stutters cease or only become a 1 frame 'pause' that is just barely noticable when viewing new terrain.

I have 2 Gbytes of RAM available, WinXP 32. I use Game Booster to shut down a large number of unnecessary processes (unnecessary to gaming).

I run at 100+ FPS, with 20+Kbps down and 9+ up. In other words, I have a fast rig, with a fast connection. 1.29 played without any hiccups whatsoever with all the settings turned on and max sounds. (I do have 'clutter' turned off).

1.30: My first message of the day sent to me by the game (when the icons drop down on the left) causes a 'fast freeze' followed by a 'stutter'.

Then as I look around at the beginning of the game - 'stutters' as the terrain loads.

After playing a bit - the stutters cease or only become a 1 frame 'pause' that is just barely noticable when viewing new terrain.

The alert message (dropping down icon) caused CTD's for me. I turned them off, no stutters or any other problems for me.

Dunno for sure, I'll ask the coders to look.

I can say that I am not surprised with all of the non essential processes you are running. The 3 gigs of ram you are running is probably not enough for all of that to run efficiently.

Still, it might be a good way to find out what is causing the memory conflicts with smart heap.

I run the game with nothing in the background at times...

...smartheap crash within 5 sorties with heavy action.

Again, when it crashes, in the task manager I still have 25% physical memory available. Makes no sense.

And this is all using identical settings from 1.29... with the game trimmed to PERFORMANCE rather than Quality.