Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Stutters video (to define one of the problems)

Tigger6

I installed fraps and took this video offline. With 1.29 I had around 80 fps in this setting. with 1.30 I have around 50 with stutters, fraps brings it down to 25-35 and makes the stutters a bit worse (the stop is about twice as long, but it is there and equally annoying when fraps are not recording). Behold: video (159MB)

The effect basically is, that the stutters bring FPS down effectively by about 40. I think the issue is that people who already have 250 FPS will not get hurt, but those who had 50 will perform about as if they have 5-10 now, although it *seems* that they have more by the fps meter.

This looks very similar to what I experience in game (in addition to the jitter), with the exception that my stutters are not as frequent and the stop is shorter, but as you said that is probably due to Fraps running.

What codec did you use for the video? I tried to watch but got no video or sound.

I will be honest I miss 1.29. I could play on the ground or in the air with no issues unless it was a MASSIVE battle. Now when I have friendlies(one or more) around I stutter. I hope this helps fix the issues causing this. I love playing the game but I stutter out way too much.

What codec did you use for the video? I tried to watch but got no video or sound.

Ugh- I dunno. Just turned on fraps in its default setting.. I can watch it fine, but then I guess I have all the codecs in the world from mplayer and xine and vlc.

Any ideas Gophur? I'm willing to try anything... I already tried everything I could think of. I had around 50 fps on average with some bells and whistles in 1.29, I get 15 average now with everything off.

• Free Play Account

I would love to see the vid, but it doesnt play

I would love to see the vid' date=' but it doesnt play[/quote']

I just used the default settings in fraps. What settings should I use?

Tigg, post me some sys specs for starters.

i'm not sure what is going on in that video but it doesn't look healthy. Lots reporting a similar issue. We really didn't do that much engine work in 1.30 so I am a little lost as too the cause. Wish we'd have caught it in beta.

Until I have a sys spec I don;t really know where to start but in general for load stutters I'd start with:

- free up as much ram as possible by sutting down background applications and processes

- try making sure that when you reinstalled you didn;t change your settings in game

- try turning down some settings in game

Downloading video now.

Specs are:

T61 thinkpad

model name : Intel® Core2 Duo CPU T7500 @ 2.20GHz

cache size : 4096 KB

bogomips : 4388.78

4GB of RAM, but 32bit windows so only 32 bits accessible.

5400rpm HD

Nvidia Quadro NVS 140M (8400M chipset)

E-MU 0202 USB sound card.

Game running at 1440x900 resolution.

I turned swap file off, will be testing it more. It seems that the stutters are gone but not the FPS variations and the low FPS.

Just watching the video. Yeah that's suck. Looks like loading stutters. Tree LOD and urbans in the background best I can tell. I think if you can frfee up some ram you might see an improvement.

Just watching the video. Yeah that's suck. Looks like loading stutters. Tree LOD and urbans in the background best I can tell. I think if you can frfee up some ram you might see an improvement.

I turned swap file off. Instant improvement in the stutters. (Framerate is still lower than in 1.29 while engaged though. Framerate with nothing happening, when not looking at any foliage might have gone up a bit.)

As for free RAM- I have plenty. Even now, the game will say it uses 1.1GB of memory and say 900MB of swap. (??? but swap is off! At 32 bits a reasonable operating system should be able to map all of the 3GB, no?) RAM is always only about 50% full by the system meters.

I got the same stutters as you tigger in the video when I run 2 accounts on my system. They do correlate with harddrive activity. I have 2GB Ram and pagefile of fixed size of 4GB. Have to buy more Ram I guess.

5400RPM HD drive? No wonder it's stuttering with pagefile on. Make sure to keep it off at all times, as you have enough RAM to handle what needs to be accessed continually.