Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Radio message icon causing instant CTD - latest patch

darg

Okay, 4th time in the space of an hours play that I've CTD'ed. Every time I've just gotten a radio message icon that slides down the left hand side, it starts sliding down then wham.. CTD.

I don't know what the heck is up, I've never had this before.

System:

ATi 2900XT, 8-12 drivers

C2D E6300 @ 3.15

3.5GB RAM (2x2GB physical)

WinXP 32-bit SP3.

I have the same problem happening after installing a fresh version of BGE (version 1.30)

I can see a radio message icon going down the left side of my screen.

Than a short freeze and i am back at my windows desktop.

No warning or anything like that.

When i start up again the servers refuses me. In the Persona select screen i see all red locks in front of the different Persona choices.

If i than quit and start up again everything is back to normal.

I have a Dell dimension 9200.

But with a ATI radeon 4850 graphics card.

WinXP media edition (fully updated)

3 Gb of RAM

Greetings JanPaul

I have a suspicion that you guys are getting the SmartHeap "out of memory" error (but are not getting the error window).

Can you tell me how big your Virtual Memory Page file is?

I have a suspicion that you guys are getting the SmartHeap "out of memory" error (but are not getting the error window).

Can you tell me how big your Virtual Memory Page file is?

Total memory use is 1.8gb, Of that about 1.5 is the game. Total memory is 3.5GB

Sorry, I should have been more clear.

How big have you set your VM page file to be or have you left this to Windows to control?

If you don't know, you can find this setting in:

Control Panel->System->Advanced->Performance (Settings button)->Advanced (tab)->Virtual memory (Change button).

I ask because I was monkeying with this file size trying to fix my stuttering problem. When I made my VM page file too low, I started to get the out of memory CTDs.

I had the same thing since the patch so I turned off the messages. I would start to stutter and the CTD. Also at times if there is a lot going on in chat it stutters. My page is set to let the let windows control it. But turning it off helps. I dont stutter as much from that just other things.

Good luck

I am gonna try turning of the messages.

Today i played for 2 hours without a CTD.

I looked at my virtual memory: 2046 Mb.

It says the max VM is 4092 Mb.

Greetings Jan-Paul

I am gonna try turning of the messages.

Today i played for 2 hours without a CTD.

I looked at my virtual memory: 2046 Mb.

It says the max VM is 4092 Mb.

Greetings Jan-Paul

Do me a favor and try the following:

Go back to the Virtual Memory page and select "Custom size". Then, set the initial size to 6000 MB. Finally, set the maximum size to 6000 MB. Click Set followed by OK. After that, you might have to reboot.

Then, turn messages back on and try playing. While this will not fix the stutters, I believe it should fix your CTDs.

If you can give it a try and let us know how it works for you, it would be much appreciated.

I'd be interested to know as well.

I would generally never recommend messing with these numbers, you're just asking for a different headache down the line that will be harder to diagnose because of a custom setting. But, please do try and see. If we can document an issue we can address it.

Note that you are both using ATi video cards. Try a more recent driver and see if it persists.

Will Ticket.

This is the same problem as already stickied GOPHUR. It is the alerts problem. For some people it causes a minor stutter, for some it freezes for a couple of seconds and others (like me) have CTD's related with this.

For me the CTD's only happened in the older beta versions when there was a ML change. Later on it only caused freezes. For me they happened only the first time an alert would show up, after that everything was fine until restarting the game (so despawning would not bring the problem back).

In the stickied thread also guys with Nvidia cards are reporting this, so I don't think it's Ati related.

Haven't had much time lately but I just set my page file to 6000/6000 like dogness said, if that doesn't work I'll turn off messages and hope for the best. Just had it happen twice more to me there.

I'm still on 8.12 drivers as in 1.30 any newer drivers were causing random CTDs, has this been fixed? Is it safe to update drivers?

No luck for me with the increase in virtual memory to 6000. It was on 2048-4096.

I'll try the latest drivers. For now I've disabled messages which seems to have fixed it though I do get a stutter whenever there should be a message.

I turned off messages then went ctd-free for a day or 2, then I ctd'd with mission leader change so i turned autoleader off but still get ctd'd with ml change.

Sorry guys haven't been online much lately.

But i didn't change anything and it is gone for me now.

I did play some times for 1 hour or more.

I don't think it help much to change anything for me now.

When it is back i will post again.

I didnt change anything else on my computer still the same video card drivers and so on.

Maybe it had something to do with my internet connection.

Greetings Jan-Paul