Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Tiger Trigger Bug

flinflon

I am getting a bug in 1.30 with the Tiger. Whenever I use it, the trigger gets "stuck". In other words, I will fire off an AP round, and the gun keeps firing as though the trigger was stuck. It will only stop after I run out of ammo.

I thought it was my joystick, but this continued even after I remapped the trigger to the keyboard. Once or twice I could get it to stop my rapidly switching ammo from AP to HE and back again several times. Also, after I keymapped it to the keyboard, a few times it seemed like the fire key was an on/off switch: hit the key once, Tiger starts to fire repeatedly; hit the key again, and it stops the auto-fire.

This happens every time I am in a Tiger, and I can't replicate it with another tank. Anyone else?

iMac 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

2 GB 800 MHz DDR2 SDRAM

ATI Radeon HD 2400

VRAM 128 MB

From your description of the problem, it sounds like there is an error in your keymap file for the Tiger. I don't know what naming convention is used for those files on a Mac, but on a PC the file name would be tiger.cfml. If you can find and post the contents of that file, someone here can probably figure out if it needs to be fixed.

Thanks Caber. Could not find that file after I unpacked the contents. Will check on the Mac Forum for more guidance.

Also, after some testing, found the bug on the Panzer IVg, too.

Hmm. Keep us posted. I'm not certain how it would be a keymap issue but that would be my suggestion as well.

keymaps on the mac are found in user/library/preferences/ww2ol/cfml

It occurs, when pushing the trigger in crew 3 and switching too fast to crew 2 for watching where the shell is landing.

After switching back to crew 3, the gun seems "auto-fire" untill you fired another shot (pushing the trigger again, then another shot is fired, but "auto-fire" is stopped).

This is nothing "new" - noticed it over the last years in a tiger. Anyway, very rare.

Oh, btw. its not tiger related - it works in Paks, and if i remember exactly - in Ships too (at least FMBs).

The thing is - release the trigger before switching to another crew-member, then it doesn´t occurs.

Ahh yeah that is probably what is happening. We have control lock when you switch positions so you can do things like drive and gun at the same time.