Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Invisible trees

lure

Having a real strange bug in-game atm. Speed-trees are not rendering in some areas around map. Will post screens later.

Had it at Schilde.

Trees and some bushes where not rendering so I could easily see very long distance, ei running and hiding in bushes and so on. This bug is a big problem if someone find out how to reproduce it.

Example:

SShot9.jpg

Noticed this:

-Respawning did not fix it.

-It was local. Bug was at Schilde and seemed to cover a area east and west far outside town. I was north of the river but not south of river.

-Standing at Schilde FB (bug was in that area also) I noticed lots of floating ground NW in the distance.

More images here but I'm to lazy to convert so they are full size raw BMPs:

system:

Windows XP

Intel Core 2 Duo @ 3Ghz

GeForce 8800GTS (driver ver 185.85)

4GB RAM (well 3GB recognized by Windows)

If I find out how to reproduce it I'll get it fixed.

I've never seen it and I have almost the exact rig as you. I imagine it is a memory overwrite error somewhere dpp in the code.

Core 2 Duo E8400 @3.0 GHz

4 Gig Ram @ PC1066

Asus P5Q mobo

GeForce 8800 GT

I had similar problem last week. I had two accounts up at same time. A HT and an 88.

The HT had all trees and bushes. The 88 had a nice clear view of the allied FB. :-))

The berms beside the road were also missing from the 88 view.

No targets spawned, hence I did not shoot and discover if the 88 actually had treess or berms.

I RTBed the 88 and respawned. Then I had trees. I did not have to leave the game to clear issue.

Good luck on this one...

I experienced it on a SN some month ago.

The bug was there for everyone on the samme mission I was on...

I tried spawning on another mission. No bug and then returned to the first mission, and the bug was there again.

There are not invisible trees, but trees are in other location, i will bet.

Check my video ground bug

You can see bad position of road (that bend is not in map) on the end of video (1:50).

Had this issue since ´06 i guess five or six times (playing at least 4 -5 days a week) with different units.

Trees may be still there, because once i can remember when a squaddie got that "treeless map", while he was towing some of us with a HT and we all flipped, because he drove through trees (we saw them, but not the driver).

Oh, when this occur, not the whole map is without trees/vegetation, but huge parts looks like "moon-terrain".

That sometimes could explain incredible kill list, because there is no cover at all (other players think they are in high grass/bushes or behind a treeline and got no vis - but the "opponent" can see them as soon as they come into rendering-range.

The only thing what help is restarting the game.

Very rare bug - it occurs without any warning (could be from the time when spawning on a FB - or driving for some kilometers into a "treeless area"); There is only one thing i remember:

This bug i never had when starting the game the first time in a day - as far as i remember, it can occur, when a couple of hours playing was before.

The Screenshot shows exactly how it looks like.

Yesterday at tournai - orchies fb. 2 accounts on 1 computer. One sees trees the other one doesn't.

sshot177.jpg

sshot178.jpg

This is a huge problem, does not seem to be a definate area of the map it occurs in. Seems to change day to day. Sometimes when you spawn into a garage at an AB the ground does not exist and you fall through. It is not just one tile either sometimes it can be several. Spawning in the same place again produces the same result, but if you spawn in a different area and come back it goes away.

I have seen as many as 7 tiles near Gilze to Zundert fom the air, that do not update and show trees and bushes but no ground. I've also seen two or three tiles with no trees or bushes between Spontin to Ciney and after driving through it fell thru the ground even tho I could see it. In this last case both accounts experienced the same problems. I have also experienced one account falling thru while the other is still fine. Same goes for the visible trees where one sees and one does not.

This seems to be more than just a render bug and more a packet loss or data loss issue between client and host.

Gophur, may never experience these issues due to his proximity to the host.

I live in northern Canada .... typical ping is 85

Card, Graphics, UHMGA16, 768MB Dimension, 9800 GeForce

Processor, QX6700, 2.66, 8MB CDKE, BURN 3... Quad core.

4 Gigs Ram @ PC1066

If I find out how to reproduce it I'll get it fixed.

I've never seen it and I have almost the exact rig as you. I imagine it is a memory overwrite error somewhere dpp in the code.

Core 2 Duo E8400 @3.0 GHz

4 Gig Ram @ PC1066

Asus P5Q mobo

GeForce 8800 GT

If you want to see it spawn(offline) in Aarschott and then in Diest and look north. There's plenty of spawning location combos that cause this. This one just happens to be rare for the live server. I'd love to see this fixed as i'm afraid to use any of these objects as cover if we know they aren't rendering to people that happen to have this bug hanging in their game.

One way that resets this everytime(fixes it entirely) is if you back out to persona select before respawning.