Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Allied ATR

elegance

Doc gave some sort of reply in barracks. But he conveniently forgot to mention pz 38t where the penetration on the side turret by the allied atr is not marginal at all. Also if in one version of the game impacts on armor produce penetration decals every single time and in the newer one none at all (pz 38t back turret) or only dent decals (pz 38t side turret) indicates that something was changed.

"armor on the turret is 15mm @ 10 degrees" vs. penetration of 21mm of the atr vs. many years of it being possible. Where is the logic in that???

According to the BE wiki, the 38t ingame has 15mm turret armor on the sides and rear, sloped at 10 degrees.

The hull rear armor is 15mm also, sloped at 12 degrees.

How come you can kill crew #1 and #4 from behind, shooting at this rear armor, which is sloped 2 degrees more, from ranges out to 100m, while the Boyes cannot touch the gunner from a side turret/rear turret shot even at point blank range ?

Makes no sense. If I can kill a crew member through the same/slightly more armor from 100m, I should be able to kill another crewmember from point blank range through the same/slightly less armor...?

As it stands right now, I can't even scratch the 38ts gunner through the turret armor. I read Doc's answer in the ATR thread in the Barracks, and if the crewmember's were upped to withstand more joules, why can I kill the driver with 1 shot still, yet not even touch the gunner ? Also, going through the rear of the tank to kill the driver one would think you had to go through more components, where as there is nothing between the gunner and the side turret armor.

Also, the p2 has almost the same turret armor as the 38t turret, and you can kill the p2 gunner with 1 shot from either side or the rear, while not being able to touch the 38t gunner through almost the same armor thickness.

Something doesn't add up.

Have we had any response onto possible changes in the game files? Still pretty annoying to not be cracking these things, even at point-blank!